Solid Bags

Richard713

23 hours ago, Highy said:

I think all 3 of em should be good, but it's the Residue thing I'm.looking at more now, the less Residue left over the better...

I just tested the https://www.alacarp.co.uk/a-la-carp-shop/Terminal-Tackle-c107009585 mesh in the margins of the lake, no residue, and a breakdown time of 2mins 20seconds when full of dry Vitalin in a squash ball sized lump.

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I just tested the https://www.alacarp.co.uk/a-la-carp-shop/Terminal-Tackle-c107009585 mesh in the margins of the lake, no residue, and a breakdown time of 2mins 20seconds when full of dry Vitalin in a squash ball sized lump.

I'll be getting some different bags Friday afternoon, before I go about 3ish to lake.....either be Korda or Fox from the local Go Outdoors. 

• 1 year later...
On 15/10/2022 at 22:06, salokcinnodrog said:

I thought I'd bring this up again as I'm using solid bags again myself.

I'm still using soft braid, Kryston Merlin and that looks like a VMC hook

The whole lot is going in the bag, multi-rig, hooklink and running lead.  20221014_090012.jpg.de5ea23d76feff3c14b5875f0fa9ec55.thumb.jpg.94407c3942cd63d68deed5ac722f4a1d.jpg

The hook is pushed through the PVA in one corner, the lead into the opposite corner and then the bag is filled with a mix of pellets, chopped boilies and dry Vitalin, and licked and sticked.

With what was acquired the other day, this is now my thoughts....

Running Rig into a PVA Bag....

What would be the preferred length ?

Hook size ?

Seen some people use a short Semi Stiff Coated, but is uncoated better ?

I'll be using a bait screw on the hook also...

28 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Hook size ?

Personally I would use a an uncoated braid, as it would be supple, you could leave a coated section at the lead end to act as an anti tangle sleeve, 

What type of hookbait and rig set up are you using? I would use a 4 or 6 hook probably. KD rigs work pretty well in a bag. 

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Personally I would use a an uncoated braid, as it would be supple, you could leave a coated section at the lead end to act as an anti tangle sleeve, 

What type of hookbait and rig set up are you using? I would use a 4 or 6 hook probably. KD rigs work pretty well in a bag. 

Ive only ever done 2 pva bags in my life 🤣🤣....

I'll be using 12mm Sticky Mulbz Pop Ups, but can easy trim to a wafter, Fake Corn...

I'll be on running rigs like @salokcinnodrog hooks I've got a plenty, think mainly sizes 8 & 6....

I was actually thinking to buy the Korda PVA bag rigs already done 🤔

1 hour ago, Higham1987 said:

Hook size ?

Mine have been with very short Multi-rigs, either size 4 or 6 Solar 101's or size 4 Gardner Incizors, made up with Kryston Jackal or Merlin, and around a maximum of 150mm.

The Multi-rig is a doubled up length of material, no knots other than the hooklink swivel knot.

20 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Ive only ever done 2 pva bags in my life 🤣🤣....

I'll be using 12mm Sticky Mulbz Pop Ups, but can easy trim to a wafter, Fake Corn...

I'll be on running rigs like @salokcinnodrog hooks I've got a plenty, think mainly sizes 8 & 6....

I was actually thinking to buy the Korda PVA bag rigs already done 🤔

I think I prefer a wafter in a bag just looks more natural. I don't think a bag rig needs to be complicated. A multi rig wouldn't be a bad choice it would do all the hookbaits you want and it would be easy to change the hook. (not for a mesh bag though

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I think I prefer a wafter in a bag just looks more natural. I don't think a bag rig needs to be complicated. A multi rig wouldn't be a bad choice it would do all the hookbaits you want and it would be easy to change the hook. (not for a mesh bag though

Not fussed about changing a Full Rig/Hook, got plenty 👍....

Either be a 4/5 inch Braided hook length tied straight to hook with Either a Hair rig or a Bait Screw for the hook bait.