Numpty question.....re. rig tubing

I've never used rig tubing in my life. 

Got pulled up by the bailiff at White Cottage yesterday because I should be using it. I had no idea!! He was okay about it, let me carry on fishing, but advised me that I must use it from now on.

I've ordered some of this (on his recommendation) http://mcftackle.co.uk/product.php?id=107

Thing is, I usually use a straightforward running rig. with my mainline just attached via swivel to my hooklength, incorporating an anti tangle sleeve.

What do I need to buy now, and can I keep a straightforward running rig????

Sorry for the numptiness of my question.

Rob

or set it up;

tubing (back end cut at an angle so the lead slides over it. I also put a small amount of putty over it to create the desired no-catch effect.)

buffer bead (available from various)

Swivel or quick clip

hooklink

The way i've done it for years. As said you will need a proper large bore ring to attach the swivel too. ESP, Fox, etc. all do them.

If your having trouble with the tubing staying in the buffer bead or tail rubber, I have a little tip.

push the tubing through so the end comes out the bottom, then put a baiting needle or something similar in the end of the tubing. Get your lighter and blob the end that the needle is in (the needle helps to stop the hole closing up). Then simply pull it back into the bead. No need for glue or anything this way. 

Thanks for your tips lads.

I ended up ordering (on recommendation) some of this http://mcftackle.co.uk/product.php?id=107 along with some Solar lead clips http://www.solar24-7.co.uk/baitshop/advanced-rig-gear/product/kslcg-safety-lead-clip-system 

The Solar clips look ideal as they allow me to use either a semi fixed lead or a running rig quite easily.

I'll have a play over the week-end and see how they work.

Rob

On 8/9/2017 at 18:51, nigewoodcock said:

push the tubing through so the end comes out the bottom, then put a baiting needle or something similar in the end of the tubing. Get your lighter and blob the end that the needle is in (the needle helps to stop the hole closing up). Then simply pull it back into the bead. No need for glue or anything this way. 

Nice little tip, not heard that one before bud.

On 9 August 2017 at 18:51, nigewoodcock said:

If your having trouble with the tubing staying in the buffer bead or tail rubber, I have a little tip.

Handy!

I use Solar Run Rings on tubing, although I am running out.

If I can get my pics back from Photobucket I'll put one up of my standard running set-up on tubing

Well, all my "bits 'n pieces" arrived today, had a trial run putting everything together and seems a doddle. No problems with threading my mainline down through the tubing, easy peasy.

Only problem I'm having is fitting the tubing through the tail rubber. Jeez the hole is small!! Only way I can do it is by trimming the tail rubber back to almost half it's original length until the hole becomes big enough (if that makes sense?). Hopefully this isn't going to affect performance in any way? Other than that, it's buying some different tail rubbers with a bigger diameter hole.

2 hours ago, smufter said:

Well, all my "bits 'n pieces" arrived today, had a trial run putting everything together and seems a doddle. No problems with threading my mainline down through the tubing, easy peasy.

Only problem I'm having is fitting the tubing through the tail rubber. Jeez the hole is small!! Only way I can do it is by trimming the tail rubber back to almost half it's original length until the hole becomes big enough (if that makes sense?). Hopefully this isn't going to affect performance in any way? Other than that, it's buying some different tail rubbers with a bigger diameter hole.

Solar do a stainless steel rig tubing thingymajig that you put the buffer on, then put the tubing on.

image.jpg