What should I get?

I need some new reels to go with my Nash h gun 9ft 2.75tc rods. I'm using some wychwood reels at the moment but I'm finding it hard to get them in the rodbag so need some new smaller ones. Can anyone recommend some? I want them small and I don't mind if their baitrunners or not. I also need a new chair for day sessions, any idea what to get? I don't want to spend too much money on these so the cheapest ones possible would be nice lol thanks :)

I've just had a very nice deal on a chair that comes with a complimentary carry bag....what's your budget on the chair? As for reels I have a Nash h-gun sawn off thingy 6' that is coupled with a Nash bp4 (nice smooth reel) I also have two 10' scopes that I was going to put bp10s on but feeling a but got a good deal on some shimano ultegra 14000 xtd's so got them and put the 10000 reducers on... the Nash bp6 is Matt black could be a nice option for you. Rambling over [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding reels, if you are on a budget you could do a lot worse than have a look at the Daiwa Black Widow range. Most people will suggest Shimano, and there is nothing wrong with that, but Daiwa reels are quality, and "generally" better value for money.

£39.99 each from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Daiwa-Black-Widow-4500-BR-Bite-n-Run-Carp-Fishing-Reel-BWBR4500A-/361869482752?hash=item54411a1b00:g:XhYAAOxyzi9Sg5Nf

Personally I don't think you'd do better for a good all round reel at a sensible price.

I've just had a very nice deal on a chair that comes with a complimentary carry bag....what's your budget on the chair? As for reels I have a Nash h-gun sawn off thingy 6' that is coupled with a Nash bp4 (nice smooth reel) I also have two 10' scopes that I was going to put bp10s on but feeling a but got a good deal on some shimano ultegra 14000 xtd's so got them and put the 10000 reducers on... the Nash bp6 is Matt black could be a nice option for you. Rambling over [emoji6]

I don't really have a budget for the chair, just looking for something cheap to replace sitting on the basit bucket lol. I'll have a look at the Nash reels now, how have you got on with them? I've read mixed reviews about quality lol 

Hi jh92

What about a JRC Stealth X - Lite Chair ? .

:wink:

Cheers mate I've just had a look at it now, it looks great but I think the price is a little high for me lol.

Regarding reels, if you are on a budget you could do a lot worse than have a look at the Daiwa Black Widow range. Most people will suggest Shimano, and there is nothing wrong with that, but Daiwa reels are quality, and "generally" better value for money.

£39.99 each from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Daiwa-Black-Widow-4500-BR-Bite-n-Run-Carp-Fishing-Reel-BWBR4500A-/361869482752?hash=item54411a1b00:g:XhYAAOxyzi9Sg5Nf

Personally I don't think you'd do better for a good all round reel at a sensible price.

I like them mate, have you used them before? I see if there's any reviews on them today :)

I like them mate, have you used them before? I see if there's any reviews on them today :)

Up until recently I had used their predecessors (Regal Z) and am now on the slightly "better" Daiwa Emcast models (very similar reel, just a few more bearings).

I have never had a problem with any Daiwa reel, and in fact passed the Regals on to my daughters boyfriend who is just starting out and he is absolutely delighted with them.

They must be at least 4 or 5 years old and still look and feel like new, and perform as smoothly as the day I bought them having received no maintenance whatsoever.

I have owned Shimano reels in the past, but I just prefer the way that the baitrunner switch works on Daiwa reels (flick up for off rather than down). 

When I lift into a run, I prefer to manually flick the switch off rather than start reeling in to switch it off, and the upward flick just seems more "natural" and easier to do than having to flick the switch towards me.

I hope that makes sense? A lot of what I say doesn't but I do know what I meant in this particular instance lol!

Buy with confidence

Edited by smufter

The chair that I got....... https://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/nash-hgun-arm-chair~17218.html?&housecode=Na4988

If you scroll down the page you will see the free bag....you have to click to add it.

As for the reels the bp4 that I have is the Matt black version (I believe it's the newest version) it's smooth and feels good it was my first time using a "big pig" type reel and it converted me! To the point I replaced the shimano baitrunners (dl10000rb's) that I had not even used for a season!

The chair that I got....... https://www.chapmansangling.co.uk/nash-hgun-arm-chair~17218.html?&housecode=Na4988

If you scroll down the page you will see the free bag....you have to click to add it.

As for the reels the bp4 that I have is the Matt black version (I believe it's the newest version) it's smooth and feels good it was my first time using a "big pig" type reel and it converted me! To the point I replaced the shimano baitrunners (dl10000rb's) that I had not even used for a season!

The free bag got me lol, I'll be ordering it sometime next week, thanks. As for the reels I'm gonna go to my local tackle shop and see if they got them in there, see what they feel like for myself :) tbh I'm torn between the Nash bp4s and the daiwa black widows lol