In need of a catapult.

I've got one of those Fox ones with the guard on the front to stop me chipping my nail varnish :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Bought a new one just before this years French trip and one of the elastics snapped half way through the week.

I had an old one lying in my tackle bag where the riveted base had come away from the pouch, I just swapped the elastics over and had no more problems.

I prefer the ones with a hand guard. A recoil of the rubber across your knuckles at 4 in the morning doesn't half wake you up.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I've got one of those Fox ones with the guard on the front to stop me chipping my nail varnish :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Bought a new one just before this years French trip and one of the elastics snapped half way through the week.

I had an old one lying in my tackle bag where the riveted base had come away from the pouch, I just swapped the elastics over and had no more problems.

I prefer the ones with a hand guard. A recoil of the rubber across your knuckles at 4 in the morning doesn't half wake you up.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That ESP Boiliepult actually left me with bleeding knuckles; no matter how I held the catapult I would get knuckle rap.

I do like the idea of the guard, but sadly to get any distance I had to get longer arms. Holding the catapult at full arm extension, and pulling the elastic back as far as I could across my body still didn't make the distance of Drennan Boiliepult.

I know it's not easy, but a throwing stick I can get single baits around 100metres, and multiple baits the distances I need up to that.

My Drennan catty lasted about 10 minutes and 3 elasticated later decided enough is enough and invested in the ESP's , both the Boilie & particle version .

The Team England match catapult which Gary posted a picture of the other day is actually very very good . If you don't mind one bait at a time they go for a very long way .

But being a match catty the elastic don't last long when I use em.

I thing with catapults it's the same as other items of tackle .

Some people swear by lots of stuff that have let me down in the past .

I detest certain brands but others swear by them so it's swings & roundabouts .