Dried Sweetcorn!

Hi all,

Just been reading another thread which mentioned Sweetcorn having betain in it which is why it's so sucsessful as a bait!

Now i have 3 young children  (please bear with me) and sometimes they have Sweetcorn with their tea, one of them is a rather messy eater (she's only 3) and tends to get half her corn on the floor.

One day i found a piece of corn that we had missed when cleaning up and it had dried out and was hard, i found it by standing on it!

Q - Now back to what i'm actually going to ask, if i got a tin/frozen bag of corn and dried it out, then blitzed it to a powder, could this be then added to a basic boilie mix and if so would it have any actual benefit or not?

Sorry for the ramble but wanted to explain what rubbish goes on in my head!!! :oops:

Sorry

Andy

Q - Now back to what i'm actually going to ask, if i got a tin/frozen bag of corn and dried it out, then blitzed it to a powder, could this be then added to a basic boilie mix and if so would it have any actual benefit or not?

Yes you can; although it is time consuming; you can also use the sweetcorn blitzed as your liquid and use powdered egg but it's expensive though.

Sorry for the ramble but wanted to explain what rubbish goes on in my head!!! :oops:

Kindred spirit, I'm liking the thought processes going on there Andy, keep them coming :) :flags:

Just been reading another thread which mentioned Sweetcorn having betain in it which is why it's so sucsessful as a bait!

I thought one of the key reasons for corn being so successful is its high in lysine :wink: , the natural sugars do play a part as well but these are fructose based (I think).

Betaine is created through an extraction process on sugar beet  :)

I thought one of the key reasons for corn being so successful is its high in lysine :wink: , the natural sugars do play a part as well but these are fructose based (I think).

Betaine is created through an extraction process on sugar beet  :)

And is present in Green Lipped Mussels, fungi and other items.

Blitzed sweetcorn, good cloudy ingredients in groundbait, and definitely worth playing with in boilies, as liquid content, but you will still need some binding content like powdered egg.

• 4 years later...
On 28/10/2020 at 13:00, Carpmaster said:

If you add a good dose of sea salt to the corn it will go in a pva bag long enough to put out reasonably fast

Try mixing creamed corn and salt in a small amount of spod mix. Really cloudy. 

If you do use a spod to put bait out, keep the above version separate in a separate container as I really don't like to put much salt in the lake. Too much can reduce protein intake (@Greekski may be able to explain better, although his own views may differ) and digestion.