1st time buying a bivvy

Hi, as a newbie to both this site and carp fishing, I am looking at buying my 1st bivvy. Looking at spending up to £250. Will be doing weekends but only covering one night. Not sure whether to get a bivvy or Bromley system? Also need a bed chair, up to £150. All advice gratefully received. Thanks all.

Bedchair , i would look secondhand , its a minefield .....narrow / wide ...with wihtout mattress... then theirs the weight .

I would suggest having a look in a local Tackle shop to get some ideas ,the same with Bivvys

I have the Nash indulgence bedchair, realy heavy but with lovely thick mattress which can be removed , i love it.

I also have the Fox Supa brolly system , brilliant ...... Nash Titan TT Viper with winter and extreme wraps once again brilliant.

Just my thoughts but I would swap your budget around. Personally I have a fox royale 1 man bivvy and it does the job well. They are about £150 new, leaving you a bigger budget for a decent bed chair. A more expensive bivvy likely won't change your session, but an uncomfortable night trying to get some kip on a budget bed could put you right off!

I have an SS3 and I love it! £320 for a bedchair is a lot, but it's about as comfy as my bed at home!

If only doing one night I don't think a cheap bed effect you so much, Its when doing consecutive nights where a uncomfortable bed ruins your sess.

I'd suggest getting the best bivvy you can afford with all the bits needed to fish any time ,any weather,any situation. Cheap bivvies are fine for a year or so but even with a waterproofing will let you down sooner rather than later.No point having a really comfy bed if your getting damp from your being dripped on.

have a look at carpzone website. they do a 1 man bivvy that comes with all the extras you would find on a much more expensive bivvy, i have the 2 man verysion and its a top bit of kit. vents in the back, the whole front comes off, interchangeable doors (mozzy mesh, clear plastic or the same material the bivvy is made from. and it also comes with an overwrap for winter for that price. they also do a great range of beds. ive just purchased the lake longer plus for £130 but they do another one for £90. most of my kit comes from them and i havent been let down by any of it.

Not sure whether to get a bivvy or Bromley system?

You need to make the decision of weather you are a suited to fishing under a brolly or not, I love fishing under a brolly (i use a supa brolly compact) but I know a lot of people that don't, from a bivvy prospective the Trakker SLXv2 and most of the chub bivvies fall into this bracket.

As for a bedchair I have heard good reports about the Fox R2 Bedchair and my boy has a Trakker Flat 6 Compact which is very comfy, the only complaint I have about the flat 6 is the leg extensions are short so if you are fishing on lakes that have not so flat terrain then you might hit issues getting it level.

i have just got the cyprinus wide guy double and for what i paid (discounted to hell) £130 it just cannot be faulted. have a look at this one, again discounted up the aris and complete with 5 season bag too for less than £130.00 :wink:

https://www.cyprinus.co.uk/collections/bedchairs/products/cyprinus-6-leg-fishing-carp-bed-bedchair-5-season-sleeping-bag-sleep-system

i have this bivvy and i have had it for 5 years without a problem, four days in the middle of winter last year without a hitch, i can highly recomend it for the price £162.00

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/force-8-2-man-bivvy-p165506

Edited by cyborx

Personally, for single nighters I would get a brolly system with maybe an overwrap if you do o/n's in the winter.

In fact I use a brolly system for all my fishing now, both long and short sessions.

A brolly is usually more versatile than a full bivvy, with maybe a couple of exceptions, the Fox Royale Classic, and Nash H-Gun.