Olton mere syndicate

Hard to say with the carp. There's a group of morons that are steeling them and putting them into arrow valley and Earlswood. You then also have a group of people that are steeling from these lakes and putting them into sutton park and Salford. As for pike, I've personally had a 26 out and my pal has had a 28. The're easy to catch too

Olton mere, look out for the heron population at the far end, takes up 1/4 of the lake, then there is the blue algae that comes calling as soon as the sun hits the water and b***ers off late autumn, there is also a fair population of foreign otters who float milk bottles dangling death rigs in the hard to reach pegs by the heronry, over all that you have the boating plebs who seem to think all fishermen are vermin to be taunted by rowing over your rigs with impeccable timing as soon as you cast out (just watch that prat in the canoe), then oh yeh! you have the £140.00 price tag (could be more now) that you have to pay for the honor of fishing this war zone.

on the plus side, the lads who fish out of the hut for pike are a good bunch and the double peg half way up the right side produces quite well but its a ball ache to drag your tackle without a barra.

that about sum it up for ya?? :lol:

edit to say, just reread your last post above,,, £160??? really???  :roll: :roll:

Edited by cyborx

• 1 month later...

People would really go to the effort of taking fish all the way to arrowvalley i doubt that, besides my mate fishes it and its well balfied and secure now with some nice carp and pike to go at so i dont think £160 is too bad it will keep the idiots away and say you do 10 night sessions only works out £16 a session im gonna join.

I'm confused, You asked for some advice which when received dismissed out of hand because for one your mate fishes the venue with no issues.

Post 6 tells me you had made up your mind irrespective of what members had to offer unless you gained the knowledge from your friend between posts 1 & 6.

There's nowt as strange as folk lol

Good luck anyhooooo..

Edited by snoozer

fair enough, but the question of stock vs catches would have been a better way to go.

i think you may find that the review i gave was not bad but actually factual, and before you believe the 'new info' about security and bailiffs just take a good slow walk around the perimeter of the Mere and have a really good look for yourself, especially at the far end around the heronry taking particular notice of the fencing and any empty houses along the side.