Looking for somewhere to fish in France this summer

brighton_carper

Hello chaps,

it's been a while.

My father in law has decided that one of the items on his bucket list is to go Carp fishing in France. He's not the world's greatest angler, so I'm not looking for somewhere rock hard. In fact, I guess I'm looking for somewhere reasonably easy, with a chance of a 40, with availibility at some point between May and August this summer, preferably with an optional food package.

Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted.  

Cheers

Theo

Hello chaps,

it's been a while.

My father in law has decided that one of the items on his bucket list is to go Carp fishing in France. He's not the world's greatest angler, so I'm not looking for somewhere rock hard. In fact, I guess I'm looking for somewhere reasonably easy, with a chance of a 40, with availibility at some point between May and August this summer, preferably with an optional food package.

Any suggestions would be greatfully accepted.

Cheers

Theo

Cant help with the lake im afaid Theo but welcome back ...

If indeed you are back :):wink:

Rushes lake looks perfect, I'm just waiting to see if they've got any availability.

West Ham fans, ah bless em. I don't mind West Ham, probably because they aren't any kind of threat. I was at the Chelsea v West Ham game last season when they scraped a 0-0, then celebrated like they'd won the league, it was almost embarassing.

The real West Ham will pretty much cease to exist when they move to the Olympic stadium.

I’m pretty sure the league is a done deal now. As I think I said to you before, the only thing that could throw a spanner in the works is us getting to the champions league final, but I think we’re a year away from that one. But if we could stretch the lead to 10 or 11 points, then we could afford to rest players before the big champions league games, and then anything could happen.

It pains me to say it, but Liverpool are looking better every week, and now that useless sack of you know what is side-lined for a few weeks, they’ll be even stronger. :wink:

West Ham fans, ah bless em. I don't mind West Ham, probably because they aren't any kind of threat. I was at the Chelsea v West Ham game last season when they scraped a 0-0, then celebrated like they'd won the league, it was almost embarassing]

Tut tut .

Thats Plastics humour i take it ?

Sort of attitude that used to be reserved for Arsenal fans ....

Plastic. . . . . . .not even sllightly. First game I saw at the Bridge was back in the early 80s, the year we went back up, 3-2 against Sheff Wed, I think Kerry Dixon scored the winner. Had a season ticket from 90 to 98, have done 48 English grounds, although about half don't exist any more, and I've done Europe with Chelsea and England, so while you might not like my opinions, I'm no plastic. That said, I only get to 3-4 games a season these days. Funds and time are limited, and I'd rather be on the bank listening to it on the radio, than in the stands.

I don't say it with any joy because I love the Boleyn for being a proper football ground, but the Olympic stadium will be the death of West Ham. You'll end up being a team where the old faces only go to away games, or don't go at all.

West Ham - World Cup - Yawn.

I remember when RA bought the club in 2003, everyone was saying it wasn't going to last, he'd get bored and sell the club, and loads of other wishful thinking, but twelve years and three league titles later he's still here, and still attends more games than he misses.

FFP was the best thing to happen to Chelsea. If RA had had to continue pumping ever more money in, just so we could compete with the state subsidised Real Madrid, and the other giant European clubs, I think he might have eventually seen Chelsea as a very expensive luxury, but now he and other owners are prevented from pumping in immense quantities of cash, I think he'll be at Chelsea for the foreseeable future.

I remember when RA bought the club in 2003, everyone was saying it wasn't going to last, he'd get bored and sell the club, and loads of other wishful thinking, but twelve years and three league titles later he's still here, and still attends more games than he misses.

FFP was the best thing to happen to Chelsea. If RA had had to continue pumping ever more money in, just so we could compete with the state subsidised Real Madrid, and the other European clubs, I think he might have eventually seen Chelsea as a very expensive luxury, but now he and other owners are prevented from pumping in immense quantities of cash, I think he'll be at Chelsea for the foreseeable future.

Apologies to you Theo if you thought my comment was addressing you personally and i can see how you thought it may have been .

After all , i quoted you .

No , CM is quite correct .

Its a terminolgy that we , on this side of Charing Cross , use to refer to the Chelski fans who were not among the 8k or so who braved the cold wet windy wednesday nights at Stamford Bridge in the 80's who have since come out of the woodwork since Abramovich plowed his billions into the club .

And yes i agree FFP is the best thing to happen to Chelsea .

It now limits the amount of clubs that can afford to challenge Chelsea and Citeh's dominance.

Our new stadium will help us close the gap slowly in time , and as CM says , never say never .

As he and Stevo will tell you , CM and myself dont agree on many things West Ham but if you had to watch the dross that BFS has made us watch then you would understand why a 0-0 away from home feels like winning the league ....

Enjoy your fishing .

Oh and Dal , sorry mate i have a couple of very close Gooner friends who are very fond of using that very same comment so please dont take tgat personally either :wink:

Edited by newmarket

cant understand why Stevie G and Lampard, were not given contracts, madness. I do have this to say the loyalty of clubs fans from working class areas, Newcastle, Man city, West Ham, Liverpool , Everton, and many of the midland clubs is a credit to them and will ensure their survival, whatever, god help the rest.

I couldn't agree more

Never knew Chelsea went down to 8k in the 80's although it wasn't cheap to go to the bridge even then if my memory serves me right.Barely cover the leccy bill for the fence :) was the 8k an average or just for worthless midweek cup games?

I dunno about the average gates biv i'm sure BC would know .

It was expensive for div 2 football at the time and not very comfortable standing on the shed in those days and yes youre right it was probably midweek too .

Many clubs went in that direction for a while as you have pointed out with Blues.

I dont need to explain to you the point i was trying to make though .

Do i ? :wink::)

I think Brendan's here for the long haul and he'll probably come back on loan

I wouldn't get rid of him either, he has a vision, may take a few years.

At the minute, he isn't a manager who isn't worthy =of managing Liverpool. I don't mean his ability, he has plenty of that; I mean his mindset in managing a world leading club.

He spent loads of money last summer and bought mostly second rate players. If his transfers continue in the same mould, Liverpool will become a Europa League club.

He needs to realise that he should be looking for top top drawer players, not players who have had one reasonable season in the Premier League.. 

As good a season as Southampton had last year, they weren't good enough for 4 (I think he bought 4, may have been more :wink::oops: ) of their players to pull on a Liverpool shirt.

Sorry Dal,Steve got to disagree with you both there.....

Steve Man Utd have gambled EVERYTHING on a top 4 finish and if they don't get it they'll sink faster than the titanic .... Champs league money for next year has rocketed,and with FFP being introduced theve got no chance of buying there way out of trouble next year..... I'm amazed there 3rd they really can't defend

No Steve even though we had the pools money facts prove we was never big spenders in the 70,s 80,s Infact it was 10 years after the 1st 1million player was bought before LFC splashed a million on a player.... We may not be the richest club in the world ..... We're 9th

Edited by snowmanstevo

I see your point but Chelsea are probably on an even keel with the business theve done this season ..... Anfield will be a 55,000 stadium in 18 month time and even though the top 4 is the Holy Grail we've always had the money to compete with the other clubs around us. Our spending and investment has never been in question. It's City and Utd that are being hit hardest under FFP it's one of the reasons City have been relatively quiet this season in the transfere market (Bony aside)