I just cant chod!

howsey16

I've just calculated the cost difference between buying ready made Korda Chod links and diy using all Korda products (assuming 12" of Mouthtrap per link).

Ready made: £1.62 each.

Diy: £1.20 each.

So, not a lot in it really, I was expecting a bigger difference. Money aside, I still like to know how to tie my own rigs.

I've just calculated the cost difference between buying ready made Korda Chod links and diy using all Korda products (assuming 12" of Mouthtrap per link).

So, not a lot in it really, I was expecting a bigger difference. Money aside, I still like to know how to tie my own rigs.

Me too but my fat arthritic fingers make tying Choddys a near impossibility .

I do a CM and use the ready makes .

Only I use the ESP and Gardner versions .

Interested to know how they work out cheapest if you have the time ? :)

...Interested to know how they work out cheapest if you have the time ? :)

Looks like they all work out about the same price, give or take a few pennies. The ESP Stiff Rig appears to be slightly cheaper than the Korda Mouthtrap, but their hooks are slightly more expensive.

The Korda ready mades are actually cheaper than the ESP ones, and the Gardner ready mades are more expensive than both. I'd imagine a bit of shopping around might find better prices for one or the other, but in each case the difference between ready mades and diy is negligible.

So, anyone who struggles to tie these (and they are a pesky little blighter to tie), with a view to saving money, don't bother, the ready mades are good value.

30% more expensive

can't adjust them except make them smaller

stuffed if you run out on the bank

stuffed if they were made Friday afternoon, following a heavy pub lunch

But if they suit you, so be it :)

30% more expensive

can't adjust them except make them smaller

stuffed if you run out on the bank

stuffed if they were made Friday afternoon, following a heavy pub lunch

But if they suit you, so be it :)

They do sir :wink:

Just playing devils advocate :)

My fingers are so horrible nowadays Ian , it takes me ten minutes to tie a knot less knot and about twenty to tie a loop .

I even had problems opening freezer bags the other day when I was separating my Boilies into 1 & 2 kilo batches .

• 2 months later...

You guys ever tried using a crimp im just tying my chods with size 6 korda choddy hook? Esp bristle filimant in 20lb. Either ace pop up pegs or micro swivel and bait floss using a large korda krimp on kords chod swivel with a blob of dark matter

crimps make life so much easier when using chods/hsr im surprised more people dont use them,much quicker and less putty needed. young carper once youve crimped give it another squeeze on the next gauge down on your crimping pliers and blob the tag end,ive had one slip using the recomended setting,not had a problem with this method,thats if you dont already.

crimps make life so much easier when using chods/hsr im surprised more people dont use them,much quicker and less putty needed. young carper once youve crimped give it another squeeze on the next gauge down on your crimping pliers and blob the tag end,ive had one slip using the recomended setting,not had a problem with this method,thats if you dont already.

I do tend to blob all my tag ends no matter what im tying lile a little peice of mind but that tip with the next size down will be useful cheers. I might try tying an mr fairbrasses version and make my chod like an iq D rig if the bristle filament alows it