Which Braid Scissors......?

Phil, those snips look identical to something I just bought, Fox edge something or other. But I paid 8.99 for mine. So basically an extra quid for them to emboss 'fox' on them! I'm glad you rate them! When mine arrive I'll let you know how I get on.

• 3 weeks later...

Great minds think alike :wink:

I read an article in Carpology years ago which tested braid scissors over a prolonged period of time by giving them to well known Anglers .

They then gave a detailed write up in the mag afterwards.

The winner by a long way was the ESP snippers .

I took it on board and 2 pairs have lasted me 4 years so far and i would recommend 'em .

Strangely enough the "next-best" scissors i've ever used were Theseus , which i believe are a Dragon Carp product :wink:

• 1 year later...

ESP, Fox or Korda. They are all the same to me. Super sharp when new. But blunt after a couple of months. Trouble is I use my braid scissors to cut mono, flouro, braid and even to open the odd packet of something. So inevitably they will blunt. I did buy a couple of pairs of the cheap braid scissors in the "Flash Sale". £1.25 a pair. Band-it Miracle Rig Snips, they are ok but not great.

I find hair braid is the trickiest to cut cleanly and always end up with a scruffy tag end which is usually hidden within the bait and under the hook link material.

Embroidery scissors?... nice tip Dave.

Yea pinched of my mum :) as she dose cross stitch .

I sharpen them when needed with fiskers scissor sharpener .

There a great bit of kit only used on braid though. As use cheap 1 pound scissors for cutting line ect .

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Buy some hair stylist scissors. Thats what I use now and would never go back. They're not cheap mind, but mine have worked fine for the last few years. Also unlike alot of the braid scissors Ive used, with good stylist scissors you can cut using any part of the blade, including the very tip. Im not sure what make mine are exactly but i got them from ebay for about £15/£20