This time next week.................

smufter

I'll be doing my last minute packing and getting all my gear ready for my first French fishing trip adventure. Can't wait!!

Leave early Saturday morning to head down to Dover for the 7.30 ferry, me, my daughter Lydia and my best mate and his Nephew.

Excusive use of a four acre lake with lodge accommodation and Carp up to mid 40's.

Hopefully the carp will have finished their spawning, and the weather should be glorious.

Planning on fishing from first light up until about 9-10am and then the rest of the day will be spent exploring the local eateries and bars with maybe the odd barbecue or three and a pint or two of the Amber Nectar.

Will fish again from about 6.00pm through to darkness, which should be quite late bearing in mind the clocks are an hour ahead of us. If they are "having it" then the odd all night session won't be out of the question.

No wi-fi out there (thank god!) so my daughter won't be spending all her time on Facebook lol!

Will fill you in with the details on our return,

I will miss the old forum while I am away!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Better get posting on your mobile then smuft , you cant leave us in suspense fir a whole week .

I just know your gonna crack it .

Dont come back 'ere claiming a PB though cos it DONT count :) :) :)

the frenchies will be over the moon, they will all be saying

"Le smufter de Monsieur, le grand pêcheur à la ligne britannique nous honorera avec son expertise de pêche, et est à la maison assortis à un nouveau disque de carpe de spécimen de 45 livres."

and i wont blame them one little bit, enjoy yourself matey and bring me some duty free's back theres a good un :wink:

the frenchies will be over the moon, they will all be saying

"Le smufter de Monsieur, le grand pêcheur à la ligne britannique nous honorera avec son expertise de pêche, et est à la maison assortis à un nouveau disque de carpe de spécimen de 45 livres."

and i wont blame them one little bit, enjoy yourself matey and bring me some duty free's back theres a good un :wink:

Wonderful :)

Two more days at work. Jeez I need a break, manic at the moment!

Long range weather forecast for the area looks good. Hardly any wind (which is good) and only a few spits and spots of rain throughout the week (don't mind rain if I'm honest, as long as it's coming straight down!).

Sat Nav is primed and ready, rods are polished up and reels loaded with new line.

New batteries in the alarms and bait ordered for collection on the way down to Dover on Saturday morning.

20 kilos of coconut, 5 kilos of crab/summer fruit and 1 kilo of peach flavour for my daughter to try out. She likes peaches and thinks the carp will too

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink: