WHere to fish?

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new to the carp scene and am looking for a water or waters to fish close to home (about 30 mins max drive). I'm looking for somewhere where i can hone my skills and also get a few runs in the process to keep me motivated. Do i go day ticket or join a local club? decision! decisions! Money is in an issue and if i do join a club then obviously value for money is a priority. I know its a big ask but im keen to go somewhere not too far early morning and be back some days to do the school run!!Any suggestions would be welcome chaps.

Thread moved in UK Where to Fish section.

I know that you have a rather large (oversubscribed) club near to you, but also nearby are a fair few waters that may well be day ticket as well as Thorpe Lea.

Have a shout about at local tackle shops as they may well be able to give some very good advice.

Thread moved in UK Where to Fish section.

I know that you have a rather large (oversubscribed) club near to you, but also nearby are a fair few waters that may well be day ticket as well as Thorpe Lea.

Have a shout about at local tackle shops as they may well be able to give some very good advice.

wpuld that be farnham angling society, nick?. some of their lakes are a circus but there all also some that are left pretty quiet