Looking for a barbless alternative to Korda Longshank

the_star_lad

for what reason do you want a alternative ?
because Korda hooks are pump!

Yeah? strange that i have had several forties on them and thousands of other carp with no more problems than other patterns used.

Only a few factories knock out the majority of carp hooks.

people I know who have tried these hook have had problems along with myself, so there not for me. There are many of other hooks out there of a better quality and better price!

i really would not recomend useing any long shank hook in barbless due to the nature of these hooks they will move about during the fight and without a barb to anchor they they will cut into the mouth causing damage not a good idea :(

if you have to use barbless go with a wide gape pattern with an inturned point my choice would be the fox hooks these are less likely to move about and will cause less damage.

just my opinion but barbless long shank hooks are a no no

• 2 weeks later...
i really would not recomend useing any long shank hook in barbless due to the nature of these hooks they will move about during the fight and without a barb to anchor they they will cut into the mouth causing damage not a good idea :(

if you have to use barbless go with a wide gape pattern with an inturned point my choice would be the fox hooks these are less likely to move about and will cause less damage.

just my opinion but barbless long shank hooks are a no no

Absolutely right. I've seen first hand evidence of this with a fellow angler who was using a LS barbless hook some years ago now. After playing a fish for over ten minutes, in and out of weed, the fish came out with a mouth like a sad boxer. Most of the damage was close to hook and it wasn't pretty. Even with klinik and some TLC it wasn't good. I (and he) have not used this pattern since without a micro barb (where allowed).