River Carpin locations

carpdawe

I fancy a bash at some river fish and wanted to ask a few questions if anyone could help

Good venues or any feedback on local rivers Derbyshire,Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire?

Is the approach the same? I have never fished a river before

Bait what works best ? boiilies or barrels etc flavours etc .....

Best time of year?

Thanks in advance

I fancy a bash at some river fish and wanted to ask a few questions if anyone could help

Good venues or any feedback on local rivers Derbyshire,Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire?

Is the approach the same? I have never fished a river before

Bait what works best ? boiilies or barrels etc flavours etc .....

Best time of year?

Thanks in advance

Yup the Trent and the soar give you the best shots at fish. Both contain fish into the 40's. But you have got to find them. They are in fixed places and there are none for miles in between.

As they are river fish- they need to feed all year around. Look for them in oxygenated water in teh summer and slow bays in the winter.

You may want to start near a Marina in B________ on the soar and behind some large gravel pits near notts on the trent and maybe near some bridges a bit lower down too. :wink:

last time i took a boat up the soar i see a few scattered about, was back around 99/00 so cant remember where they were apart from the weir at Leicester footclub is and around the country park near mount sorrel .

see a few at keadby at the sliding railbridge ( some crazy bridge )just up from the trent...but thats not a river :oops: