Leicestershire carpers

groby p.y.o has just been taken over n new stock has been added lots of carp 20lb+ and lake 3 has some carp to over 35lb

I will believe that when i see it. That place is a dump and it was and maybe still be run by idiots who are only in it for the £££££. IMO there is no way that place holds a fish in excess of 35lb+. I think someone maybe feeding you a line.

IMO there is no way that place holds a fish in excess of 35lb+. I think someone maybe feeding you a line.

I've gotta agree with Tony on this - just another tiny pond owner spouting rubbish - and they think were stupid enough to believe them! If they cant be honest they get none of my cash.

If they cant be honest they get none of my cash.

They wouldnt get none of my cash full stop. The calibre of angler who fishes there is nothing more than the Argos Brigade. The fish are knackered to be honest cos i had a walk around there a few summers ago and the state of the carps mouths was nothing short of horrific and god forbid if you actually catch something. Half the lake comes running around to your swim to see what you have caught.

Its about as bad as Navis Pit which is yet another dump.

I did 1 session on there with my nephew, never to return :D

Trouble is you cant really dismiss it coz it contains lots of twenties (good lookers too some lovely commons), possibly even a thirty. My mates had about 8 20+, and it now contains big cats as well.

I'd love to dismiss it but the stock says its still worth a go sometime!

Alledgedly you could turn up in the evening do a short overnighter and not see the money taker (coz he's nothing more). Not that I condone that sort of behavior you understand :wink:

hi guys

just been reading throught your thread.

I am moving back to loughbrough for my final year at uni and am taking my car with me this year, i fancy doing a bit of fishing in and around the area, but never fished the area before. a few people seem to have conflicting views on venues in the area. what would you guys suggest for a day/ 2 days With a couple of runs , few tench and bream aswell.

cheers

Andy

The only problem you have with Navis Pit is hoping that your car is either.....

A. Not on bricks when you get back to it, or

B. Hoping if its still there at all.

To say it was situated in a hell hole of an estate of Leicester is not stretching the truth.

My mate asked an elderly lady if she minded him parking outside her house and she said park on the drive, she didn't mind at all, so for him the car thing aint a problem - just the bridge of doom to contend with!

Poorly situated though is the thing that makes his asking price crazy!

hi guys

just been reading throught your thread.

I am moving back to loughbrough for my final year at uni and am taking my car with me this year, i fancy doing a bit of fishing in and around the area, but never fished the area before. a few people seem to have conflicting views on venues in the area. what would you guys suggest for a day/ 2 days With a couple of runs , few tench and bream aswell.

cheers

Andy

Charnwood Res for days

Nights you could try Beedles or Willesley, join Murphys syndicate or look at the watermead country park lakes.

Charnwood something theres 2 close to each other on the map, I'm having a senior moment but thought it was the ressy, could be wrong I usually am. Anyway its about 25acres with low stocks to 40+ very challenging, which is why I'm interested.

I definately wasn't talking about nanpanton, coz I've never been even remotely interested in going there. Was told its a runs water, though still a chance of decent fish.

Yes I believe so though you can buy a season ticket for about 40 odd quid.

Other species - no idea

Maybe I'm suggesting somewhere totally unsuitable - there are lots of mixed fisheries in Leicester with the chance of fairly decent carp too.

I look towards Charnwood as being for the experienced who are geared up towards day sessions, maybe a couple of fish a season if your lucky, get a view from someone who has spent some time on it.

Charnwood water has some good tench, bream,roach in it but like kevtaylor said dont exspect 2 many carp if any at all :lol:

Theres a lake near sileby on the way out, as you go under the A46 its on your right its called lower lakes good runs water carp and cats in it iv had carp just under 20lb :D

The problem i found with wigston was that the pegs were unsafe,the whole of the bank was like a public toilet, the railway bridge was a killer but when i went the ballif did say they were putting it back to syndicate and a drive was being put in from the farm at the back of the lakes

You could try getting on Saddington through John at All Seasons Angling its done a 50 quite recently - TBO though I dont fancy your chances much, very small syndicate clicky!

Also Murphys is looking for new members so I understand.

Its not a closed shop really pal, i think weve had 4 new members this year, me included,

But to be fare you do have to know the right people.... lol..

Does it count I buy most of my tackle and bait from the shop?? :D

I'd love to get into that click! Is the reservoir the one out the back of Saddington Village? Had many a Sundy Roast in the Pub there admiring that lake! Only moved up here myself recently and haven't really settled on a decent water yet, although I've enjoyed some days at Hopsford.

EDIT: Can I have some more info on Murphy's please, I'd be very interested.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
It's controlled by soar valley angling and it's about £35 for the year. Some of the best spots are upstream of coats mill area on the straight, anywhere from the railway bridge (near where the canal joins the river) down to zouch, the bomb hole, three corner field (thats a different ticket and ran by the PAC Club about a £10ner) and the deep's iv had them to 21lb 9oz but there is bigger the biggest iv seen come out was a 27lb and oz on bread crust where the canal joins, the commons seem to avarage the 20lb mark and the mirrors about 15lb but there is loads of them and dont get fished for that much you can get tickets from Bennets of mountsorrel if you want any more info not a prob :lol::lol:

Hello, I have been to that part and watched some friends piking (11lb being the biggest they've had) prob gonna nip to Bennets at the weekend to get a permit, all i know is the part where the canal meets the river where the railway bridge is, i will walk up and go have a look at what you have mentioned above. Have you ever night fished it?