Leicestershire carpers

• 3 months later...

TBH mate, beedles and willesley are getting too crowded, you're better off finding a decent club or syndicate, because apart from those two and perhaps nanpantan res there's nowt round here mate!!!

(unless you fancy a 6 month blank with no night fishing, try charnwood res, fish to over 40lb!)

Fish the river sour there is plenty of biiiiig carp in there and there is also somewhere local that has a ghost carp 40lb+ that has featured in many mags fished for by many top anglers (not sure if its ever been featured at 40+) and is only £45 for the year with plenty of "normal" carp to

Fish the river sour there is plenty of biiiiig carp in there and there is also somewhere local that has a ghost carp 40lb+ that has featured in many mags fished for by many top anglers (not sure if its ever been featured at 40+) and is only £45 for the year with plenty of "normal" carp to

Hey 666. Much appreciation on the info geezer. Never done River Carping before but by the sounds of it its something i'd definately be trying. Chees m8.

By the way. Who controls the fishing on the River Soar, angling clubs, permits, etc.

It's controlled by soar valley angling and it's about £35 for the year. Some of the best spots are upstream of coats mill area on the straight, anywhere from the railway bridge (near where the canal joins the river) down to zouch, the bomb hole, three corner field (thats a different ticket and ran by the PAC Club about a £10ner) and the deep's iv had them to 21lb 9oz but there is bigger the biggest iv seen come out was a 27lb and oz on bread crust where the canal joins, the commons seem to avarage the 20lb mark and the mirrors about 15lb but there is loads of them and dont get fished for that much you can get tickets from Bennets of mountsorrel if you want any more info not a prob :lol::lol:

Back leading is a must on the boat sections, pre-baiting isnt always neccesry i have done just as good over non pre-baited areas, unless you know where you are fishing go light tackled surface fishing can be awsome on the river but takes a bit longer to get the feeding (i have had 11 of the top in 1 session but took about 2 hours of feeding before i even saw a carp (i was nighting aswell) keep rigs simple most carp in rivers have not seen hooks, line etc. spend as much time as you can walking the river looking for the fish invest in a good pair of polarised glasses. 8)

is there anything in particular you would like to know :?:

Where abouts are you if you dont mind me asking :?:

Location: Snags is always a good start and straights after big bends seem to be good places (in between two bends the longer the straight the better) like iv said walking and spotting fish is the best way, asking local match anglers and carpers if there willing to give you any info and in the local tackle shops for location. Rigs are just standerd knotless knot rigs nothing fancy

Have you got any stretches in mind as i might be able to help with location

Also use www.flashearth.com (full world coverage) its free and easy to use it sometimes shows up gravel bars big snags etc depending on what time of day the pics were taken

CARPINGOD150 SORRY FOR TAKING OVER YOUR POST :lol::lol:

I don't mind, as long as 666carpcatcher tells me where the lake is with the 40lb ghostie!!! :wink:

its attenborough reserve you need to have a look at mate, the big ghostie was in there but was moved into river with floodwater a few years ago. 500+ acres and plenty of features. lovely lovely water, and if memory serves me right go on with a good food bait and high doseage of honey in each mix :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Have you got any stretches in mind as i might be able to help with location

hey there carp catcher. I have never even been to the River Soar before so i wouldn't know anythink about going stretches to be honest with you.

As you mentioned earlier it would probably be best just to have a walk around and have a butchers at possible spots.

its attenborough reserve you need to have a look at mate, the big ghostie was in there but was moved into river with floodwater a few years ago. 500+ acres and plenty of features. lovely lovely water, and if memory serves me right go on with a good food bait and high doseage of honey in each mix :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Yeh the ghostie is in that stretch of the trent but above the weir where the soar joins.

You could try getting on Saddington through John at All Seasons Angling its done a 50 quite recently - TBO though I dont fancy your chances much, very small syndicate clicky!

Kev,

Id love to know where you got your info.....

Im one of the very "clicky" members on the Res.. and it hasnt done a 50+ fish for at least 8-10 yrs, that fish is sadly no longer with us...

:?:?:?:?:?

RIP BigAl !!

Id love to know where you got your info.....

Im one of the very "clicky" members on the Res.. and it hasnt done a 50+ fish for at least 8-10 yrs, that fish is sadly no longer with us...

:?:?:?:?:?

RIP BigAl !!

Oh someone told me on here that within the last year it had broke the Leicester Record.

Never mind it wouldn't be the first time I got something wrong. Still its got some potential!

So is the place worth the money? Good luck!

Saddington is worth it for the potential alone mate...

It once held a fish of that size then, theres no reason that in the future one of the nice stockies cant grow on to big proportions aswell....

Also, because its a well run small syndicate, theres never an issue with overcrowding, noise or anything else associated with the Day Ticket waters around Leicester....