Brummie lass looking for somewhere new to fish :)

Just came across this forum hai! Me and the other half are looking for some new places to fish this year . Our usual haunts are Alvechurch fisheries and Lavender Hall . I love both places and have had some really nice fish from both , but feel the need to try new places .

We have tried Hollyhurst lakes before for a day session and the place was nice , however some farmers came down weilding shot guns after the birds with no regards to safety pointing the gun at anythin moving in the sky , it kinda put me off!

Ideally would like somewhere with a cafe and loo's! (yes i am a woman fishing and yes i hav fallen into the brambles in the rain before now when there arent toilets!)

Any ideas or great places ? Only been carp fishing for over a year and biggest is 21lb , need to beat that this year .

We do have a week booked at wildmoor *gasp!* we booked it before i read reviews and we have booked top lake which i havent heard any comments good or bad , so im gonna try it before i knock it!

Any help greatly appreciated :)

thanks

Laws

Hi Laws, welcome to the forum. As well as Mick's (leggs007) suggestion you could try Barston Lake, just down the road from Lavender Hall. Toilet and shower facilities and a rather good cafe/restaurant.

Also, Willesley Lake near Ashby de la Zouche is a pretty place with a recently completed toilet/shower block as well as a stock of decent carp.

Ian

If your looking for plenty of runs, leading to fish of a decent size and pretty carp too then barston is a great place to go.

Sorry if everyone is getting bored of me posting this but here i go again.

In october last year i went to Barston for a 24 hour session whilst i was there i filmed my session. If you wish to watch the video then here is the link.

Ross :)

• 1 month later...