looking for a runs water for anglers with mixed abilities

colors

hi everyone,

ive been given the task of finding a suitable water in 2013. our group will be between 4 and 8 people depending on costs and availability etc. also the group has a couple of novices i.e. used to fishing commercial uk waters catching lots of 10-15lb fish and we also have some more experienced carp anglers who have fairly good water craft knowledge etc. none of us are experts so we dont really want to be going somewhere were we will be catching 1 or 2 fish a week.

i suppose we are after a venue that can offer easy fishing for one half of the group but also a decent size stamp of fish for the more experienced in the group i.e. 30lb fish with chance of a 40

we will also be wanting to go to a venue that offers all inclusive option and it would be ideal if there was also tackle hire.

any ideas?

thanks

stephen

La fonte is worth a look for small groups, 3 to 5 people or double up on the swims for 6, 4 is ideal though. My mate has been twice and I went September and enjoyed it, really tidy and active. I had 33 fish from doubles to upper 30s and could have had more. Spent a day roach fishing which is awesome. I had a couple of carp on the waggled too.

I am thinking about booking lac baleine for September which looks good and sounds like the improvements will make it a good place for lage groups.

If there is 8 of you then booking Keith's moorland fishery would be a good option, not difficult fishing and with the help and advise from keith and robin you should all catch fish with a chance of a real monster, and at times you can have the week of a lifetime if the fish get on the feed. I can't wait to go back, which should be may this year all being well.

Also check out the site sponsors, great feedback from lakes like genesis and rushes and off the back of jemsue recommendation for rushes a mate of mine is booked there for June this year and really looking forward to it.

Hope that helps.

Why not check us out! We offer 2 lakes with something to suit everyone and you can book the venue exclusive which gives you the option of moving swims during the week, so you can have a go at the big Carp in the Carp lake and the monster Cats in the Cat lake which is also a "runs" water with hundreds of Carp upto 35lb.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello mate i went to Beaurepaire in france last year. first trip to france it was great 4 of us went. hired the whole lake, although it can take up to six, id say its a runs water top fishing coming out to me :D at 48.12lb also had a few cats out. 60 fish out for the week but was really hot, they have had 120 out in a week.

a massive bonus was the owner was great did everything he could to help us i give this lake 5 stars and im going again in september, great lake for newbies too

hope this helps

see https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50219&highlight=beaurepaire

thanks everyone for coming back to me, after looking long and hard at lots of venues that could cater for 7+ people i finally managed to book onto bounty lakes. seems to have everything we are after and that was the place the guys felt would be best for us. thanks again for everyones input though lots of great looking venues on there and if the mrs allows me two trips next year ive got plenty of choice

Bounty is good, went there 3 years ago wen it was only 2 pools. Did rly well on our home made source boilies. Lots of carp from 15-32lb and Loads of cats from 23-96lb. The peg by the small island was the most productive peg also a lot of fish from the U shaped island. Ull defo enjoy it. Lac de beaute another good pool just down the road from bounty :P