Winter Rigs

morkey11

I'll keep my rigs the same, maybe use a flurocarbon hooklink if the waters really clear. Tactic wise the deeper water tends to be where the fish hold up in the colder months on my club lake, not to hopefull though, it did 1 fish last year through dec, jan and feb :( mind you saying that it was a paticually nasty winter, brrrrrrr.

My food bait rigs are the same as my summer rigs, however I do usually tie up some pop-up rigs specifically.

In the winter I do tend to use pop-ups more than the summer in an attempt to provoke a reaction and take from the carp when things are hard.

I can't afford to lighten the mainline on my current lake, 15lb is needed as the lake is very snaggy.

Is this any use?

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=23380

I still use pop ups in the winter just not as much as i do in warmer weather not really sure why, i just tend to change things up abit and try the likes of corn and maggots even pepperami like Nick said but i seem to have the same problem as him also. (Hungry carper :o)

Thanks for the link aswell nick im gonna have a read through in a min see what people think :)