bits and bobs

slimysime

after what happened to me last time at moorlands, i would take some ant powder and killer spray. I went to bed one night and as i was laying there i saw something move on the edge of the sleeping bag in the half light of the moon. i brushed it off then felt something on my neck so i reached down and picked up the head torch, when i turned it on i saw ants on my pillow then as my eyes adjusted i saw them on the bed. I lifted the pillow to a sight that would say with me forever, the bed moved as the ants realised i had found them out, it was like when you was a kid and you distrubed a nest with a stick. as i slowy looked down the bag i saw more ants and they were all over me and the bed. i dived out and on inspection they had totally over run the brolly the bed, the tea kit, the tackle bag, everything.

I then was given a can of ant killer by Keiths wife Jan, very much appreciated and also some ant powder. I had to pack everything up, get my spare bag and then set everything back up in a different spot in the open away from the cover of the trees and bushs. then finaly to sleep.

Gives me the ebeygeebies just thinking about it. :lol:

Guest fenboy

Insect repelant.

Anti histamine tablets ,for bites etc

First aid kit

Good quality waterproofs

A bit of old carpet is nice for the bivvy floor

And for the car

Hi viz vest for each passenger

headlight beem deflectors (if driving in the dark)

Spare bulb kit

warning triangle

and a fire extinguisher ,all of which as far as I am aware are a legal requirement in france now.

after what happened to me last time at moorlands, i would take some ant powder and killer spray. I went to bed one night and as i was laying there i saw something move on the edge of the sleeping bag in the half light of the moon. i brushed it off then felt something on my neck so i reached down and picked up the head torch, when i turned it on i saw ants on my pillow then as my eyes adjusted i saw them on the bed. I lifted the pillow to a sight that would say with me forever, the bed moved as the ants realised i had found them out, it was like when you was a kid and you distrubed a nest with a stick. as i slowy looked down the bag i saw more ants and they were all over me and the bed. i dived out and on inspection they had totally over run the brolly the bed, the tea kit, the tackle bag, everything.

I then was given a can of ant killer by Keiths wife Jan, very much appreciated and also some ant powder. I had to pack everything up, get my spare bag and then set everything back up in a different spot in the open away from the cover of the trees and bushs. then finaly to sleep.

Gives me the ebeygeebies just thinking about it. :lol:

That was so funny your swim looked like two giant crop circles when you packed up :lol::lol:

Some alternative hook baits that are poison chat and crayfish proof.

I never travel without my leatherman either.

Always take my leatherman everywhere pal, army training kicks in again :D but cheers for all your help, buzzing now and ive got at least seven months to go :shock::D likebeing a kid waiting for xmas :wink:

36 hours from now i will be getting rained on at la fonte...... happy days. I am slowly checking off the needed list and coming up with stuff to take every few minute..... paracetamol...... i suffer headaches, must get paracetamol.

How about we start by giving you suggestions in what not to take such as them tottenham shorts :lol:

36 hours from now i will be getting rained on at la fonte...... happy days. I am slowly checking off the needed list and coming up with stuff to take every few minute..... paracetamol...... i suffer headaches, must get paracetamol.

I too get headaches when Im fishing, tried all sorts, thought I was just dehydrated but drank loads of water on next trip and still have the head aches, cant work it out, could it be the sunlight reflecting of the waters surface? Never packed up and gone home though! just monster trucked on and still blanked. Maybes its just the thought of trying to find a nice spot in a very weedy lake that give me the head aches!

With regards to taking something - A travel hammock! Best thing I took! when resting me swims and watching the lake, set up under a shaded tree swinging around! cant beat it!

I too get headaches when Im fishing, tried all sorts, thought I was just dehydrated but drank loads of water on next trip and still have the head aches, cant work it out, could it be the sunlight reflecting of the waters surface? Never packed up and gone home though! just monster trucked on and still blanked. Maybes its just the thought of trying to find a nice spot in a very weedy lake that give me the head aches!

With regards to taking something - A travel hammock! Best thing I took! when resting me swims and watching the lake, set up under a shaded tree swinging around! cant beat it!

I get frequently get headaches when I'm fishing abroad- but its typically dehydration. I spend all of my time spodding, casting, tying rigs and generally sweating- without drinking any water. I always have 1 or 2 dyrolites a day and that helps. Co-codamol seems to work better for my headaches than paracetamol.

Top advice from Fenboy too on anti histamine tablets. They can be a life saver if you do get hammered by mozzie's.

Great little thread this lads hope we all get some advise from it, i also get very bad headaches whilst fishing, but i think the cider has a part to play in that :shock::D

The cider is packed also, the van is ready to make its incredible journey. Leaving in about 2 hours for the ferry and should be fishing by 2 pm I have 120kg of boilies and 50 kg of nutra parr/GLM halibut pellets and 10 kg of maize, that should scare them off for the week........

Catch you all soon, might even manage a little video diary go the place.

Great little thread this lads hope we all get some advise from it, i also get very bad headaches whilst fishing, but i think the cider has a part to play in that :shock::D

The cider is packed also, the van is ready to make its incredible journey. Leaving in about 2 hours for the ferry and should be fishing by 2 pm I have 120kg of boilies and 50 kg of nutra parr/GLM halibut pellets and 10 kg of maize, that should scare them off for the week........

Catch you all soon, might even manage a little video diary go the place.

Just put your hookbait on the top of the pyramid the carp will get to your bait by wednesday-thursday :lol: You could start up another bait company with that lot, il ring you later jamie :wink: