social venues

should there be a social section  

26 members have voted

1. 1. should there be a social section

• yes
    • no

Easily some of my best weekends fishing, having attended them for the last four years. Having met many great peoples, too many to name and having a good chat/bbq.

It's a shame to see the whole section just be wiped off for pathetic reasons, Also lost was the comps section which i donated a fair amount of money towards, to buy monthly and a final year prize :roll:

Why wouldn't it have?? Great chance to meet up with like minded folk, learn a thing or two and have a great time!

If two members have fallen out so be it, but theres a lot more than two members on this forum who haven't fallen out. Come on gents let's get back to normal, and with a social section, I was looking forward to joining you lot on one one day... :D

Why wouldn't it have?? Great chance to meet up with like minded folk, learn a thing or two and have a great time!

If two members have fallen out so be it, but theres a lot more than two members on this forum who haven't fallen out. Come on gents let's get back to normal, and with a social section, I was looking forward to joining you lot on one one day... :D

wish there was a *LIKE* button this post says it all

at least i know now what went on now. i too liked this section and was one day hoping to join it, in the meantime i liked all the banter and the fact that people were "social". having returned to fishing after a 30 year break it sure has changed. i used to go with a couple of mates and we would set up side by side, have a natter, share a joke and enjoy the day. now you are so lucky to find a water that has a doulble swim and where you can be social.

bring the section back (please)and long may the social remain.

Agreed Chris Bang on, nail on the head mate,,

Anymore takers on the northern social?

Can't believe its been removed off the board tbh.

Its a great way to meet members and enjoy there company on the bank rather than behind a screen. Although the last social I attended (barbel social) didn't quite go to plan :lol: an opportunity to attend another would be not be possible without this forum.

I, to be honest, don't care if the social section comes back.

Socials can be arranged on any part of the board or through pm's. The benefit of having a section dedicated to socials is so the site can be kept tidy - something that the administration like to do :?

Of course, it would be a better forum with one, but not the end of the world.

What I do care about is all the previous posts, reports, pictures and interaction, even some memories, have been lost forever. If the section comes back, the posts won't!

To loose all that hard work is, in my opinion, is just plain stupidity and arrogance. Even just removing the latest thread concerned, though still a petty act, would have been better.

I think my attempt at organising a Northern social had come to a halt...I just hope to be able to do the next Sandhurst one :D

I think my attempt at organising a Northern social had come to a halt...I just hope to be able to do the next Sandhurst one :D

i think i would wait until the dust settles and try again :wink:

doug

i think i would wait until the dust settles and try again :wink:

doug

And a social section to post it in! :D