holt pool near worcester

I used to fish it in the early 80s. It was a great venue until the owner, I think now deceased, doubled the price of the ticket and banned boilies :roll::evil: . There were some nice fish but I also think they lost a some although a few years back now.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

£7.50 a rod!!!!!! :shock:

way too expensive! its hardly a top carp fishery! lol!

if you play your cards right £7.50 for two rods aint bad :wink:

Bill (man with the gun) is a top bloke ps his gun works I've just witnessed it !

can vouch for bill being a top bloke, he is also amenable to a bit of beer money too lol (just means no ticket) :lol:

Looks lovely there :)

don't know about now but it was always a nice day out.

i didn't actually catch that fish in the first pic, i had left my boilie on a slab by the waters edge and the carp wriggled onto the slab and slurped it up.

i wish i had had a camcorder there cos it was hilarious, three of us were laughing so hard that he almost got the rod as well :lol:

• 2 years later...

Don't know if any of you have been to holt pool recently but he's really let it go down hill it's very over grown with overhanging trees and the only way to catch is to get right by the bank not like it used to be. Don't think it's been Stocked in years

not that I've ever fished there . Although had plenty of fish from the Severn near by .

From your description actually sounds better now :)