River Carp Fishing (Peterborough Cambs Area)

• 6 months later...
Ive searched through the majority of the posts trying to find spots near peterborough to fish and when I find someone else asking for help the advice isnt puit in the forum which is no help for peeps like me who is looking too :(

Problem is that river carping is a lot more about location, so river features and areas are often kept very quiet, and any information is not necessarily parted with easily. River Carping is very much even more time spent watching, locating and looking.

Now I know that I keep referring to it, but I think that Neal Waytes River Carping has some information on the Nene. (Mind you on some chapters do be careful of misinformation!)

As Leggs says, there are carp in the area around Bluebell. The river flooded over the banks into the lakes years ago, and some of the carp in the lakes did go into the river, so the whole area around and downstream will possibly give you an idea of where to start. From that you may have some extra information; if there are any controlling clubs downstream it is possible the sections are fenced off with controlling club signs :wink:

If not local tackle shops will have information on who controls what part of the river, and so local clubs may be what you need.

:lol::lol::lol: controling club signs :roll: this way ,theyre either 15years out of date , or some angler trying his best to keep others away...

wades is the best chance of good info out of all the tackle shops.

bluebell is £25/24hr to fish the river :shock: oundle ticket is about the same for a year :wink:

:lol::lol::lol: controling club signs :roll: this way ,theyre either 15years out of date , or some angler trying his best to keep others away...

wades is the best chance of good info out of all the tackle shops.

bluebell is £25/24hr to fish the river :shock: oundle ticket is about the same for a year :wink:

i knew bluebell was expensive but 25 for one night or 25 for years fishing

do you need to ask anymore :wink:

As I live real close to the river in the City and alot of time spare Ive walked the river quite alot. Specially from the town bridge upto Ferry Meadows stretch. The only sign of carp Ive had is at a small bridge that goes over a little stretch that seems to have been used for something at sometime. The little tributary is overgrown and alot of surface weed but theres a couple of swims been cleared and it looks really fishy so I presume theres fish there. But as I walked over the railing bridge there was 2 real nice sized carp Id guess high 20s low 30s on the river side in some lillies. Its pretty shallow there and was clear. So that was good to see.

Up at where ferry meadows joins the nene its obvious a well fished area as theres well developed swims on the bank but not seen anyone fishing it yet.

Im planning to have a couple of nights up at the railing bridge I saw those 2 aftrer a couple days prebaiting so will see how that goes.

Its really awkward not driving now so stuck tocab ride distances.Ive read alot of good/bad reports of Northey Bank and think that place is high on my to fish list.

Ive never minded passing info on about fishing spots. I know its not carp but Ive hammered out the bream on the embankment near a restraunt barge near the Key Theatre. I see most of the guys down there lobbing big feeders out with worm/castor/maggots but I stick a night float on at the tip of the barge with a damn great chunk of bread and had the best bream bags Ive ever had. I wont say Ive caught every time Ive been and for some reason I cant catch during the day but Ive lost count of the 10lb plus Ive had and had 12 in a night. A local guy said he had fished there over 40 years and not seen catches like that I went down a couple weeks after and he had a few in his net and was so happy Id give him the info.

I understand its difficult to put the work in to somewhere to get the results but I think its great to pass the tips on after.