new to leadcore

stratman

Hi mate,

Leadcore's like marmite you either love it or hate it. I love it. Leadcore does'nt kill carp it's bad angler's that do.

As for your choice of rig's there any many options out there for you, Personnely my favourite's the Chod or the hinged Chod for popups, but it's how you mount them to make it safe to use. I think by far the best option is to use the helicopter setup with any choice of rig.

Altough at the end of the day there is no choice of setup that is 100% safe. But as you gain exspirence and by listening and learning from others its less likely you make the wrong choices.

I dont mean to be a bore. I hope it helps. Tight Lines :):):)

Hi mate,

Leadcore's like marmite you either love it or hate it. I love it. Leadcore does'nt kill carp it's bad angler's that do.

As for your choice of rig's there any many options out there for you, Personnely my favourite's the Chod or the hinged Chod for popups, but it's how you mount them to make it safe to use. I think by far the best option is to use the helicopter setup with any choice of rig.

Altough at the end of the day there is no choice of setup that is 100% safe. But as you gain exspirence and by listening and learning from others its less likely you make the wrong choices.

Sorry mate but I can't agree. I had to kill a large carp which was tethered to a "properly tied" lead-core rig which had already lost the lead so it wasn't the angler who had done anything wrong ............... other than using lead-core in the first place.

Personally i dont use lead core,, i like anchor tubing, pain in the backside to thread sometimes but does what i need it to do. What gets me about all the leadcore is good and leadcore is bad thing is this, if its that bad wether its tied properlly or not then why on earth do they sell it????

I mean surely someone out there needs to properly test this stuff for the fish's benefit if nothing else?!?!

Like i said im sitting on the fence as to wether its good or bad because i know many anglers that will use it and many that wont and all of which i feel "know" what they are doing.

RE the original post, take a gander around the site for various ideas on correctly tied rigs theres chods,, pop ups, etc etc im sure you will find a nice suitable one for you.

Hi mate,

Sorry mate but I can't agree. I had to kill a large carp which was tethered to a "properly tied" lead-core rig which had already lost the lead so it wasn't the angler who had done anything wrong ............... other than using lead-core in the first place.

Keith

Out of interest how long was the piece of leadcore?

Personally, I've moved off of using leadcore for my chods as there is just too much information around suggesting it is unsafe- so I am a convert; especially seeing 4 or 5 feet of the stuff being used for some rigs-just a bit daft that.

All of that said and for the sake of discussion as much as anything else... Do we think a 12 inch piece when used for normal rigs (eg safety clip type set-up), instead of using rig tubing still that bad?

Why do they sell it? Simple=$$$

Well yea thats the obvious what i should of said was why are they allowed to sell it, thats if it hasnt been properlly tested or re-tested after all whats being said about it from various partys.

I think the threads kind of deviating from the original post now too lol :?

Chris, I don't care how upset a subject makes you, but if you ever use language like that again it will be your last post. Because of that I have locked this thread and deleted the post.

Gaz took the effort to put a lot of links to other leadcore threads on this thread (just down the page), can I suggest that views go on one of them please:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=49805, but this link is probably one of the best anbd comes complete with some pics of how dangerous leadcore can be:

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=40711&highlight=leadcore