Help Needed... A week in a bivvy

abi

Hi all

Im looking at finding somewhere for doug and i to go on a fishing holiday in the last week of June. We are happy to Bivvy up for the week so we aren't fussed about a cottage or Lodge etc. Just a shower and a toilet would be nice :)

I took him to todber manor last year for a week and whilst it was a lovely setting there were no real features to fish to just a couple of monks and it was in the middle of a heathland :( very windy lol! Most of all though the fish just weren't interested !

So... Would any one be able to suggest somewhere that isn't too pricey, a relaxing setting and would produce some nice fish? I know im asking alot but please there must me somewhere in england that suits my requirements :)

Thank you

Abi :)

As already said there's Broadlands Lake, just off junction 2 off the M27. They have a tackle shop and toilets / showers.

http://www.broadlands-lake.co.uk/

Or there's Orchid Lakes in Dorchester, near Abingdon. They sell small items of tackle and have male and female toilets and showers. Plenty of local takeaways who deliver to the lake.

http://www.orchid-lakes.co.uk/

• 2 months later...

thanks for all the advice guys 8)

abi has booked us into cottington lakes in Deal. :shock:

as the website doesnt give much info on the lakes apart from the catch report (mmm some lumps 8) )

have any of you fished it or have ony info, is it weedy, what sort of lake bed etc.

thanks in advance

doug

im off sunday so will post any catches :roll:

Cottingdon is my fav lake and my pb has come from Pepper lake.

You will have a cracking time a very well run fishery with good helpful staff.

Cell bolies topped with fake corn with pva stocking bags have never let me down yet.... Pm me if you want any more info

Good luck mate