sandhurst

dougmoon

hi chaps

my buddy and i are doing 48hrs at sandhurst sun/mon and i need some advice. (as i haven't got 20 of you there to help this time :roll: )

with the weather warming up as it has im not sure how much bait i need to be using. (i dont normally get to fish this time of year).

i cant decide between my usual large spread of boilies, or to bait and fish on a baited "spot"

saying that im not sure how much bait you can get away with this time of year :oops:

any thoughts welcome

how would you fish it ?

doug

Im going the social again this year cant wait, sorry to hear you cant make it.

Il be fishing 1 on a balanced snowman with a spread of boileys, 1 with white maggots on and a mesh bag of just whites, lewis did ok when he changed to this last year, And the 3rd will be put at showing fish :wink:

personally i would fish for a bite this time of year,if you get action then think about putting a bit of bait in.if you fail to find the fish on your arrival,then i would head for the pipe swim,second pipes or the car park swims they have a good track record at this time of year

2nd that, I would get in there two, you could try the island as your in the middle for any passing fish also. :wink:

Although I had a few beeps on the maggot rod, my two Carp actualy came to a simple hi-viz, as did another rather large resident of sandhurst to Nige :wink:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke, as it goes. Really looking forward to the upcoming social.

I do hope it stays dry. I'd got the start of webbed feet when I got home from the last one.

Oh, and if Jez offers to lead the way with his Satnav, don't do it! I started off from home following him yet got there 10 minutes before him. I'd got a low-tech map.

Ian

I'd got a low-tech map.

Yeah, you followed me :lol:

Hey, when I asked you which way you'd travelled to get to my house you had no idea. "I followed the Satnav". And you used satnav to get to Merrington.

For your fourth visit :D It's 15 miles from your home. :lol::lol:

Ian

I'd got a low-tech map.

Yeah, you followed me :lol:

Hey, when I asked you which way you'd travelled to get to my house you had no idea. "I followed the Satnav". And you used satnav to get to Merrington.

For your fourth visit :D It's 15 miles from your home. :lol::lol:

Ian

It's 45 miles & that's a lot of road to get lost on. Truth is, i wouldn't attempt a 5th visit without the Tomtom :oops::lol: