Syndicates in South Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire

meekster

Hi

My brother and I are looking for a syndicate water to join in either the South Lincolnshire or Nottinghamshire area.

We live in London and Scarborough and need somewhere in the middle.

Can anyone recommend any decent venues with 30+ carp. PB at the moment is 29lb, so +30 is needed! :D

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Meekster

It is, make a note in your diary for when the website will have the application forms on and get one ASAP and send it in, you've dipped for this year but it really is worth trying next year. Even better get to know someone who fishes there as those who are recommended get preference.

It's a lovely set of lakes with enough waters to keep you busy for years, from match type with a few small carp in to an inland sea with around 1.5 fish an acre, 6foot of weed in 5ft of water! A real challenge.

If I lived a bit nearer I'd be back on like a shot and never leave! I fished 1 season on the Big lake (the hardest one) for 4fish, each was a PB in its own right.

i fell in love with the big pit, manage 2 carp in the 1st month on there,then health issues stopped me getting time on there,kept my ticket till last season when the price went up and couldnt justify it.............one day i hope to get back on there,unfinished business.

tho its not such a hush hush "pike" water any more and is becoming a big time carp water, the Italian is on most anglers A list after being in the mags

Depends on how you see "difficult". For me it's low stocking density + large water + lots of natural food + weed + other species. The new lake has a reputation for being difficult as the fish are very clued up.

It's horses for courses. I like big lakes with trees and cover in enclosed swims, that's the big lake. The New lake is small and exposed.

I did hear that but I hope they didn't, it's not a big lake and IMHO would be better suited as growing on water before moving the fish on to the old syndi, nig and L shpaed lakes.

Even with a few bigger fish, and the complex common record was in there when I fished it, I didn't spend any time on the New Lake, much preferred the Big lake.

I've been thinking about this, do you really want to do this? It's a hike and a half for both of you to the middle of the country. Neither of you will be able to pre bait or keep bait trickling in with any regularity, the fuel costs will be prohibitive, the environmental impact is gonna hurt too.

I did the trip from Scunny to Stamford, it took nearly 2hours evrey time, it affected my fishing, I couldn't concentrate on a baiting campaign etc.

I'm sure you and your brother are close and I can understand why you want to fish together. Why not look for a lake that's near one of you? F'rinstance, near London you could join a Colne Valley syndi etc or find a syndi near Scarborough or in North Yorks and both join that. That way there will be one of you near the lake all the time, the local angler can carry on putting bait in, keeping in touch with what is happening, maybe getting down for the odd overnighter. Then the distant angler can come up/down accordingly.

Work it right and you can leave some gear (rods, end tackle and alarms etc) with the local angler, get a double bivvy so you don't have to carry any gear up and down the country. Maybe look at using the train if it's just one person travelling?

It makes more sense to me to do it that way.