zig rigs - mono/fluro

selby1

Drennan double strength isnt bad tbf, fox have launched a line not dissimilar to what ive been using the last few years, 10lb and 0.22 dia :wink:

£4 100m isnt too bad in all honesty- i haven't tried it though myself, but i saw it and thought it didn't look too bad, best "dedicated" carp line ive seen for the job in all honesty.

The Korda Krusier control, now thats a joke of a surface/zig line- two words "tow rope" :roll:

Its over 0.3mm thick :shock:

mono mate, fluro sinks :wink:

If your bait is buoyant enough to lift the hook and hooklink, Fluoro may work, but in long lengths how do you test it out?

you could get round the long hooklink by testing its bouyant enough in 4-5 foots lengths and then use a float and adjustable zig.

• 2 weeks later...

FC is heavier than Mono. However, if the weight of the line dont sink ur bait then why not use FC?

I read a lot UK articles about zig rigging lately and most ppl seem to use 10lbs or less lines for this. In my opinion that is extremely thin line and I would personally never dare to use lines that thin.

I would rather use more bouyant baits and use thicker lines. Caught my first fish on zig rig 2 days ago (grass carp).

I used a semi fixed rig with safety clip, and 0,35mm (thats 16lbs in your meassurement) FC and bread as bait.

Had no problem with it sinking and obviously it worked. I didnt use that long hook lenght though. It was 1,3-1,5 meter approx. (around 3 feet)

10lbs monoline: thats around or less than 0.20mm mono.

What ppl here use for fishes as tench floatfishing, chub, bream, orfe etc.

I would never dream of using that for standard size carps :)