Tips for Cuttle Mill (Carp Pool)

Best tip I can give you is don't what ever you do be late, I fished it 12 years ago and I am still suffering sleepless nights from the telling off, plus you just get what swim is left and I didn't catch anything, very mature lake pretty sure it is a silty bottom. Plenty of wildlife around.

Entrance is just about opposite the entrance to the Belfry golf course.

Good luck

lovely place with some cracking fish!! its the original "commercial" as such, but is far from the holes in the ground you find these days!

bait wise get on the cm1 that is sold there, hell of a lot of the stuff goes in there and it catches alot of fish.

u wont get a telling off for being late any more as tony sadly passed away a few years ago, he was one to always speak his mind and came accross as a bit arsey alot of the time, his son ian now runs the place with his wife jane, and its alot more relaxed,

roy and jules in the cafe make a bostin brekkie

id highly reccomend the place, i like it, just very rarely fish it

Fished it a lot back in the early 80s, when the late Albert Brewer owned the place. Was only open for the summer in those days but still rammed every day. Then fished it in the first couple of years of the Higgins family ownership, by which time my patience with the place was exhausted and I had had my fill. But to be fair it served a purpose, met some good anglers there in those days and had some cracking fish - it was one of the only waters in the country back then that provided the chance of a 20 on a day ticket. Made the mistake of re-visiting the place several years ago, though, and wished I hadn't: litter in pegs (unheard of when I fished there previously), anglers leaving swims unattended and going on social walkabouts (a hanging offence), and - incredible this - scaffolding posts stuck in every swim as markers to prevent over-casting - now that just aint proper carp fishing. But its all about individual choice, I suppose, and if its your bag thats great - but no longer for me and with so many excellent waters available to all these days I would strongly recommend finding somewhere else.

hi i fished cuttle mill a couple of years ago now and had fantastic time.me and a friend decided to give it a go as he had fished it a couple of times and had runs but never landed them,we arrived on the friday night and stayed in the barn and we were both really excited,we picked our pegs out of the hat and made our way to the pegs.my friend opted for using the source bait with stringers and was away within ten min of being out,which turned out to be his first 30!!what a cracking fish.i was watching what others were doing and they were using big beds of bait,so i decided to use small bags of pellets and a pop up over the top which caught me 10 fish over the 2 days,they ranged from 20.4 to 28.12 what a result. :D:D:D

if they halved the amount of pegs it would be much better place :roll:

And removed the scaffold poles from the water. It still wouldn't be the place for me. It's a "catch at all costs" mentality. Not for me, thanks.

Ian