Fishing Holidays

Right this is a mixed post, and probably easy to answer.

Me and a friend want to go on a carping holiday but want a nice lake to go to, the size of the fish isn't bustingly important, we don't really need to push into the 40's aslong as it has a nice stock of 20's and 30's.

The main thing we are after is a nice secluded lake, not situated by any motorways or any attractions like that, quiet in a land of its own with a nice scenic enviroment.

The reason we choose England is because were guessing the price to go to France for a week raises by a busting amount? If not we would probably choose to go France, however once again raises the question, were? Due to our age neither of us can drive in France which causes a problem wanting to fish France, but can drive anywere in England, we've already looked at Orchid lake in oxford and Blubell lakes, both looking very attractive however we want to know if theres anywere else avalable?

Were after 24/7 around the clock fishing, no-were you have to pack up come a certain time and sleep in a lodge.

Thanks alot - Jack

The reason we choose England is because were guessing the price to go to France for a week raises by a busting amount? If not we would probably choose to go France, however once again raises the question, were? Due to our age neither of us can drive in France which causes a problem wanting to fish France, but can drive anywere in England, we've already looked at Orchid lake in oxford and Blubell lakes, both looking very attractive however we want to know if theres anywere else avalable?

You'd probably be surprised at the prices of some of the places in France, they're not all as expensive as you might think and most are on par with the prices of the "decent" venues in England.

How old are you? Since you say you can't drive in France, but can in England? That must make you 17?

I'd suggest looking at Skylake Fisheries in France - They do offer a pick up from Dover package, but that's when it starts getting expensive.

As for england, try out some of the following:

Cobbleacre

Carlton Meres

Anglers Paradise

Docklow Pools

How old are you? Since you say you can't drive in France, but can in England? That must make you 17?

You need to have passed your driving test and have a minimum of 3 years driving experience and be over the age of 21 to legally drive abroad.

I will have a gander into those lakes however i think i've stumbled onto a lake that seems perfect.

Don't know where you read that? But you can legally drive in any EU country with your GB licence.

Although some countries have their own age restrictions, France being 18. However, I think you do need to get an International Driving Permit, which is £5 or so, you just need to be 18 to get one and have a GB licence.

Check the DVLA website

you may have left it a bit late for booking france this year,bluebell is a nice place it has got a clean shower block tackle shop and once you are on the site you will not here any traffic ,just the wlidlife they will also let you charge stuff phone's baitboats etc in shop,linear is also a good place to spend a week they also have a shower on site lots of lakes with decent fish in be warned it gets busy.