Korda 20lb Hybrid "Joke"

Guest reizend

Guest reizend

Anyone else had problems with this stuff.

I had the 15lb hybrid and lost 2 very good fish to it snapping at the figure of eight knot. I talked to them at Korda and they said that they had taken the 15lb off the market and replaced it with the 20lb. I was told not to steam the knots but to straighten the line in hot water.

Guess what, the fish I had been after for the last few months snapped me at the knot again.

Anyone got a better idea Kik-bak maybe

Guest Anonymous
snakebite is reliable but not very stiff

i'm currently using pallatrax steamlink which im getting on well with. Have you tried the suffix range??

suffix stuff isnt stiff because it aint flourocarbon coated.

Guest Anonymous

i'm currently using pallatrax steamlink which im getting on well with. Have you tried the suffix range??

Mantis is Stiffer than Snakebite. Love it myself!

do you kiss it goodnight nick lol

Mantis is Stiffer than Snakebite. Love it myself!

do you kiss it goodnight nick lol

:lol::lol:

Nah, use it like my Ex's;

get hooked, tie it up, catch and discard :wink::lol::D:twisted:

With fairness to Armaled, I spoke to one of their guys at a carp show and he did try and talk me through some knots that would of worked. Unfortunately, the Gremlins had got into my head and it had to go in the bin. I know a couple of guys who love the stuff, it just wasn't for me.

true, 15lb Hybrid has been taken off the market, and I think we all know why.... just keeps on snapping. For a better alternative, use pallatrax Steamlink, even in 15lb! It is a dyneema braid in the centre, making it stronger than Hybrid. For short, and very stiff hooklinks I use this with full confidence.

true, 15lb Hybrid has been taken off the market, and I think we all know why.... just keeps on snapping. For a better alternative, use pallatrax Steamlink, even in 15lb! It is a dyneema braid in the centre, making it stronger than Hybrid. For short, and very stiff hooklinks I use this with full confidence.

Yes mate it's great stuff

Even better that i get it for free :D

I've found it best when tying knots to tie submerged in warm water, as they form better and the outer remains intact