Jump to content

BackInTheGame

Member
  • Posts

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by BackInTheGame

  1. OK so i picked up a set of 3.25tc Torrix with a Torrix marker as well for £500. 4 years old and they look in great condition. Pretty happy with that, was a little more than i wanted to pay but i felt it was worth it.
  2. I am leaning towards the torrix, they are a little more expensive (not much).
  3. So i am looking for some new rods. Looking at 2nd hand. Looking at the following. What would be your choice? Harrison torrix Harrison cerbera Free spirit e class Century FG
  4. Cheers for all your help gents I have only ever used 12ft rods (currently 2.75lb TC). I like to be able to feel the fish even if they are not huge I will stick to the 12ft as that's my comfort zone. But was not ruling out 10ft in case this was the next "game changer". Most of the century/free spirit rods I see for sale are in the 3.25-3.5lb TC space. For me a little excessive for my fishing. Yes if I go to France I may need a higher TC, why 3lb are being considered. Maybe I will wait until I find some in 2.75 or 3lb TC.
  5. Thanks for the response gents. I don't particularly want a 10ft rod and as an oldie is not a size I have ever used before. The reason I asked was I am seeing an increasing number for sale, maybe others are not getting used to them. Most of the 12ft rods I am seeing for sale 2nd hand are 3.5 or 3.25 TC. I usually go for a 2.75 and maybe push to a 3lb TC. This is mainly because I have this feeling a 3.25 or 3.5lb TC rods are a bit overkill for me. My fishing is not often on large venues where I need to cast 60-70 yards. And fish are generally up to about 30lb. Am I wrong in thinking 3.25 or 3.5lb TC is too high for mid size venues where you are only really needing to cast 30-40 yards on average. I fancy a set of Free Spirit rods (I have a 9ft stalking rod that is great). Possibly e class in 12ft.
  6. So I am looking around for some decent 2nd hand rods. Looking at free spirit e class possibly. However I have seen that there are now a lot of 10ft rods, carp rods have always been 12ft to me unless they are for stalking. Apart from the obvious advantages in smaller venues/swims, are they any other advantages or disadvantages of 10ft rods.
  7. congrats on the new arrival. I have never made my own bait but i have thought about it many times. Even looked at buying small setups from eBay, but nothing came of it. I don't get time to do huge amounts of fishing so i don't go through 10s of kilos of bait in a season. Based on that it didn't seem a sound financial investment. excluding all the equipment, how much do you think home made cost per kilo. I know its not about that but about getting the exact characteristics you want (smell, colour, consistency etc.) Problem is every time is see these type of posts it starts me thinking about it again.
  8. this is the main reason i prefer private club lakes.
  9. Yes of course
  10. So my beloved BMW Z4 went for an MOT today, its 2009 but is in excellent condition with full BMW service history. So for the first time since i have had her it came back as a fail. Front near side shock leaking, needs replacing. Now this car is a straight 6 3l twin turbo putting out 400bhp. But that's not the bad part, it has fully adjustable active suspension. Getting a replacement aftermarket is like rocking horse poo and costs £800 just for the shock. So i face a bill for £1k just to replace a shock. Damn, it took a while to sink in. But she is beautiful.
  11. going to a club water this weekend for a few nights, hopefully it cools a little by then.
  12. cant argue with that but i have so many favourites (Valentines Day, my December, Lying from you, little things give you away, figue.09, final masquerade, i could literally go on. But Numb is right up there, love it) My son struggles to accept a new singer such is his love for Chester (he is only 16), but i quite like two faced.
  13. They are still the first band on my playlists. Love them. They are one of my son's favourite bands as well, and he is 16. Chester was an amazing artist, his music will live on for decades .
  14. 2 items for those longer sessions 2 burner stover (with toaster) from the range - bargain price of £30 after £20 off. Portable toilet as none of the club lakes have a toilet.
  15. i know i will get shot down for this but i am not a fan of dropping the lead every time. yes there is a cost implication here as they are not cheap but most importantly for me it cant be great leaving all these leads behind on the lake beds. Yes i know they are made of safe materials these days but every angler dropping a lead on every take just sounds overkill to me.
  16. Interesting as the volume on the cube goes up to 120db, it certainly isn't quiet. I have it set to about 10db, I am a light sleeper anyway.
  17. Good feedback thanks gents. I get that its not difficult to change batteries but one of my alarms thread had broken and they are a bit rubbish so i could have don't with replacing them anyway. Time will tell i guess.
  18. Just bought a set of Bitekeeper Cube alarms. I am not so bothered about how customisable they are as most is just gimmicks but I honestly think rechargeable alarms should have been done a long time ago. Arriving tomorrow so will see how they get on. I did search the forum but didn't see anything on here about them. BiteKeeper Cube
  19. although i do still have my Street Triple, i did buy a sports tourer last year in the form of the Suzuki GSX S1000GX.
  20. Hi all, not been around for a while. I am looking for a larger bivvy for longer sessions and potential France in the coming years. However it wont be used a huge amount as i prefer my smaller one for short sessions. Anyway i have found a Nash Titan 2 for sale 2nd hand and it seems OK. However i am not familiar with it as i think its quite old. I like the look of it as its quite high and will allow me to stand up in it, i am quite old so back pain on longer sessions is commonplace. Anyway does anyone have any info about it as i am struggling to fund anything online. It odnt seem to have any ventilation panels as far as i can see.
  21. i know what you mean, i cant see myself getting rid of my STR. It does everything i want very well. not the most top end but you can really rev it without fear of losing your license before 3rd gear
  22. I know there are a few bikers here so thought i would start a biker chat. Would be good to see your bikes (past and present) also any pics of tours, meet ups etc. I will start with my Triumph Street Triple, loaded for last years trip to the IOM TT.
  23. a right mix of bikes there, the new range of Triumph 400s have had some pretty good reviews but are hard to get hold of.
  24. its as smooth as silk the BMW N54 3l straight 6 is a joy. GEt her serviced and enjoy those greenlanes (and twisties) again.
×
×
  • Create New...