Keeping the wife happy.........

edmunds1707

Greetings one and all....

Somehow (dont ask me how) I have managed to get the wife to agree to booking out holiday for 2011 as a carp holiday in france :D:D

The only downside to this is that she wants to bring the whole chuffin family (her mum, dad and sisters) which aint to bad as her ol' man happens to be my carp fishing partner.

Now money is not really an object within reason but I am struggling to find a DECENT carp venue that will meet all my requirements, the main problem being that venues with accomodation generally only accomodate upto 8 people. Does anybody know of, or have experience of any venues that have the following:

1. Fish size min 40lb

2. Private (DECENT) accomodation (not mobile homes or shabby cabins) on site and exclusive use of grounds and fishing

3.Can accomodate 9 people (two are children aged 5 & 7 who can share with mum & dad if needed as dad will be on the bank mkost of the time) :P

4. Have things to do for the family within reasonable travelling distance (say no more than an hours drive as we will either hire or bring a motor)_

5. Be no more than around 4 hours drive from a ferry (can stretch it but thinking about kids really)

I know its a fair bit to ask but tis only way i will keep her indoors happy, otherwise its chuffin butlins again :evil:

Dont mind spending upto a couple of grand for a week on the right place.

A few places I have in mind are etang de cosse and les rivets but they dont tick all the boxes yet. (dont know if they will allow extra kids).

Thanks in advance.

ok mate, have a look at carp quarry, its a lovely looking venue, only a short drive from ferry with a good amount of things in the area, the owner is a helpful fella with proper accomadation and best of all he has an advert on these very pages, just click the fishing holidays link to see his banner

Thanks for that. Had a good look through and found a couple of venues that are of interest. Quarry looks alright but I think les rivets has caught the wifes eye at the mo. The valee lakes website almost had it sold for me but theres to much negative stuff about the owner around the web so it kinda put me off. Theres no smoke without fire as they say :roll:

Does anyone have any experience with les rivets?

Ive had a look on the net and also there you tube vid...some v.nice looking fish too.

Thanks for the recommendation Jules.

As regards the lake this can take 6 at a push but perfect for 4 anglers carp pushing 50lb ave fish last year 32.5lb.

As regards the house there is one large bedroom that can take a double bed and 2 singles if not 3 singles, the other 2 bedrooms have 2 single beds in, there is also an area at the top of the stairs which could hold another single bed.So it could be done if you require. The cost would be £1350 peak and £1200 non peak per week.There is a bit of a video on the website under news page showing some of the house that you can have a look at to see if it fit your requirements.

Regards Gordon Carpquarry

www.carpquarry.co.uk

Just a couple of questions to help me with recommendations...

Will all 9 of want to sleep in the accomodation? So you need 3/4/5 bedrooms?

How many of you will be fishing & how many rods between you?

What port would you be using?

Hi there

First off thank you for all your responses so far. In answer to the above reply, if the weather turns then yes, all of us will be sleeping under the same roof ideally. In an ideal world we would like the option for the three males (me, the father in law and future brother in law) to either fish the nights or come indoors as and when we fancy.

As you may have worked out there would be three of us fishing only and rods would be whatever is allowed/reccomended. We normally fish 2 or 3 rods each at home so can go either way. Also, regards to ports, we will be using whatever one is closest to the destination as we will be travelling from the midlands in the u.k anyway (we are expecting a drive of anywhere upto 8 or so hours from our door).

It has also been mentioned by the wife that her, the kids and a few of the others will possibly look to fly and drive to avoid the journey for the kids, whilst myself, the father in law and a couple of the others will drive either a van or minibus with our gear and bait etc as my sister in law wont fly.

To summarise we are looking for a secluded/private beautifull location with suitable accomodation and fishing facilities to keep the lads happy (with fishing), the ladies happy (with weather, scenery, privacy, peace & quiet and things to do) and the kids happy and safe (aged 5 & 7).

Travelling time is never going to be ideal due to gear and sister in law not flying and also bringing the kids but hey ho....we will work around it.

Self catering is preffered but not essential.

My wife also seems to think that the more north you are the closer the weather is to here in the u.k...i've never been to france so cant really say anything, but warm weather preffered and we will travel to it if needs be.

Money is not really an issue as it is being split 7 ways so a couple of grand isnt much really.

So there you have it...I think thats covered what we are after really.

Once again thanks for the responses so far.

Regards

-Alan

Hi,

Please can you take a few moments to have a look at our website www.blavetvalleylakes.com, or you can click on our banner advert.

If you came here you would have the whole complex to yourselves, I know that you did not want accommodation in mobile homes, (see the photos on the website, I am sure you will be impressed) but please have a look we have one that can sleep 8 and one that can sleep 6 and in the lodge we have a family room that will sleep 4 and a twin room.

We also have a pool and a childrens play area. We are within an hour drive from the beautiful beaches of Southern Brittany.

There is so much to do and see in the area.

Stock in the lake go to over 55lbs, there is also a great little match lake aswell.

It will be a complete holiday for you wife as our prices do include 2 cooked meals a day.

Our nearest port is less than 2 hours away.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any further information, you can always call us on 0033-297-519-909 and we will call you back, or forward us your number together with a convenient time for us to call you.

All the best

Berny and Gordon

www.blavetvalleylakes.com

I have sent you an email regarding your tariffs as im a tad unsure of a few things. Many thanks

OK...

Have 3 good options for you

Le Queroy..... stunning lodge & highly recommended by many gets booked up quickly so 2011 dates might be limited

Moulin de Passais .... stunning gite & lake

or as has been mentioned before

CarpQuarry

Gordon really has worked hard on the lake and restoring the lovely house,

its a gem

Wont post the first 2 links but google them. CarpQuarry has already been posted.

Good Luck

OK...

Have 3 good options for you

Le Queroy..... stunning lodge & highly recommended by many gets booked up quickly so 2011 dates might be limited

Moulin de Passais .... stunning gite & lake

or as has been mentioned before

CarpQuarry

Gordon really has worked hard on the lake and restoring the lovely house,

its a gem

Wont post the first 2 links but google them. CarpQuarry has already been posted.

Good Luck

I have bookmarked all of those sites for the wife to have a look at when she returns shortly. Many thanks for your help, it really is most appreciated. These venues all look great on the web but you just cant beat the experience of people that have visited these places first hand and/or know enough about them.

I will let you knbow how I get on in due course, im getting excited already and its ages away hahaha...may even make it a two weeker at this rate :D:D

-Alan

No problem Alan

If you have any questions you'd like answered just email the lake owners. Most would be only to happy to answer anything. The length of time they take to answer, and how they address your questions might also be an indication of their customer service.

Good luck & if you need any more help pm me Im here to help

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Try Etang de Rouge

3 - 4 hours from Calais

Carp to 45lb, Grass carp etc

Catfish to 100lb plus

Great Cottage sleeps 6 plus (suggest blow-up beds for children) own garden and parking, BBQ, Sunloungers etc

Geat fishing venue family friendly

Very friendly english speaking french hosts

Three reserved swims come with adjacent cottage

Owners run the adjacent trout fishery, with cafe, play area for children with small educational farm, None of this interferes with the serious carp lake

Local french Baliff

Have been going for several years so if you need any further info ask

Gets booked early so you would need to check availability

Prices for the week Fishing 210Euro, Gite 440Euro

Ferry this year £85 return car and caravan Dover to Calais Sea France via the caravan club

You can't get much cheaper than this

www.etangderouge.com

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...
Guest planchon

Hi,

Not sure if you have already booked a venue....

Etang de Planchon meets your needs, please have a look at the website

http://www.carp-fishinginfrance.com

1) Fish size, lake is due to be stocked with 152 Virgin Carp in Dec,

Initial stocking in Dec 2010 will be:

No lb's

50 x 22 - 26.37

70 x 26.4 - 30.78

15 x 30.8 - 35.18

5 x 35.2 - 37.38

4 x 37.4 - 39.58

4 x 39.6 - 41.78

2 x 41.8 - 43.97

2 x 50+

2) There is a Gite which overlooks the lake and can sleep between 8-10 people. Main room has a double, a single and a pull out single, so 2 adults and 2 kids

Second bedroom has a double

Lounge has 2 sofabeds, can comfortably sleep 1 person, 2 people at a squeeze however we can put up an additional fishing bed to make up 9.

The Gite has its own patio area for lounging in the sun, BBQ's etc.

3) There is plenty of site seeing to do in the area for the family. Shopping, restaurants, bars and a man-made beach closeby with childrens playing area. Please have a look at the website under Location - Local attractions

4) The venue is approx 6.5 - 7 hrs drive from Calais and 30 mins drive from Limoges airport for the kids and few others to fly down.

Please have a look under Packages, Special offers and we will work with you to tailor your needs if you are interested.

There is currently an offer on there where you get 20% discount if you book by July and a special price for the Gite if the lake is being fished as well.

Hope this helps, feel free to contact us for more details.

Regards,

Kiran