waveney valley lakes

It's a nice area, with some decent fish in some of the lakes. However, they're pretty strict around there.

Me and a couple friends went down there last summer to have a look around, though the bloke at the reception place basically told us we can't do that because of the residents. Apparently the residents always complain about the anglers making noise and walking on their gardens, so this means you can only fish limited swims, and will be lucky to be let out on your own to look round the lakes, unless your staying there.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys Im off to fish Marsh lake in three weeks time, I have a week in caravan M5 so was wondering if anyone had fished it lateley and knows what baits were being used? I know Jim Shelley has moved over to Sticky baits so was wondering whether he had been pilling some of that in, any current info would be good please,

Little bit of an update for you.

I am on D lake so its a different lake to what you are heading for its been quite slow have managed an 11lb mirror and a 15lb common since friday and lost a good lump this morning also had 2 bream. The takes have been weird to be honest with bobbin going slightly up and then down and up again more like you would expect from a bream. The way forward on here is a big bed of bait for them to get there heads down on.

Facilities wise spot on nice toilets and showers and a well stocked shop all the swims are nice and presentable a well looked after fishery in my opinion. I finish my session tomorrow at dusk and will update with anything I have over the next 24 hours when I get home. Overall I'm impressed and will defiantly return.

Nice one would be good if you could find out what boilies they are using in marsh lake, I have 25kg of pellets and 5kg of hallibut boilies for the cats, 30kg of Vitalin ground bait mix but not sure which boilies to use for the carp. Good luck for the rest of your stay, hope to hear from you soon cheers Pete.

I had a look around the guy couldn't have been more helpful and let me walk round freely, I was a little disappointed with the size of marsh lake but I am toying with booking a week in May as it seems a nice place to take the misses and little one for a break while I squeeze in some fishing. I would be interested to know what the caravans are like from anyone who has stayed in one.

I will be able to give you the info you need when I return Im in one of the basic caravans M5 I have seen marsh lake on google earth and yes it is small and the swim I have is quite tight but there are a lot of fish in there and hopefully I shall have a few especially them cats.

I have finished my session there and ended up catching 2 and loosing 2. I know one of the main baits used there and sold there is indian spice so that may be worth a go. I used the bait I always use there made for me by premier baits so they would of never seen it before but had 2 and lost 2 as I said my mate was using cell and had nothing. Jim shelly also fishes there so may also be worth trying what ever bait he is presently using. All in all was happy with my first visit there and I will return. I'm now fishing the night at Cobbleacre specimen lake so ill see what tonight brings. Best of luck with your weeks fishing on there mate tight lines

Guest Anonymous

Heartsmere is one of my favourite lakes on the complex because it's tucked away and we had a load of fish to 28 in our week on there, no caravans but a nice lake

• 2 weeks later...
Marsh m6, i think i spoke to about it a couple of months back when i first joined the forum

Sorry mate its my age cant remember what happened yesterday, well this time tomorrow should be there so when I get back will give a report hopefuly telling you about all the great fish I caught.