Fishery management/bailiffing/cooking job wanted in france

briandki

My partner, her three year old daughter and myself are moving to france in 2 to 3 months time. I have been carp fishing for about 35 years now, so i have considerable knowledge and expierience in catching our quarry. my partner is a great cook and wonderful host. Obviously we will be looking for work and somewhere to live. An ideal solution for us would be to find work on a comercial carp fishery as a manager/bailiff and my partner providing those all important home cooked meals. I am a builder and decorator with my background being a bricklayer, soi am quite a handy person to have around for any renovation work or general building work. I lived in france many years ago and have returned numerous times since. I have a love of france and the french way of life and i cant wait to return! So if any one out there has a fishery or knows of any one who has a fishery that could use our sevices, please dont hesitate to contact us. many thanks brian and kylie. :)

Hi Brian,

I wish you all the luck in the world with your dream. I will however point out (although you probably already know) that a Bailiffs job does not pay that well. Also with the situation as it is at the moment financially a lot of fisheries are tightening their belts. However I really hope you find what you are looking for all the best mate. Andy

One of the biggest problems is the French employment system with employment contracts the social charges, hours of work, security of employment etc, it puts many venue owners off employing anyone.

In France working on the black (ie cash in hand) is frowned upon and very serious if your get found out.

I wish you luck but working in France and getting employment is not as easy as it is in the UK.

• 5 weeks later...

It isnt open this year.

However they are undertaking work on the house and lakes, some major work by all accounts.

As the OP is in this line of work maybe a great opportunity for him to do the work & prepare for opening in 2011. Also as he has a family 'settling' in time?

I am sure that maybe, if they get the right people, perhaps they could be persuaded to open later in the season...

Worth a try if living the dream is your dream!

PM Matt & Melissa its worth a try!

spoken to matt and yes the lakes are closed this year. he is looking to open for next year but if he is willing to take a chance on us it might be possible to do something for this year. He said the house is in need of a lot of work, so this sounds like the perfect situation for us. If the man says yes, then i cant wait!! I know kylie and myself would be an asset to both Matt and mellisa. :D

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If any couples are serous about managing a venue I know of a venue that is look for managers. (no not mine lol)

But I stress this is only open for a couple that really have looked into it and its not just a bit of a dream.

PM me with your number and I will take it from there.

John

• 1 month later...