Sutton in suffolk

hi was just wondering if anyone has fished the little private water in sutton i cant remember what its called its by a white cottage and the lake has got lots of tree stumps in it if anyone has got any information about stock price ect they want to share i would be most greatful sam

Loam Ponds!

Now syndicate, and I know that you have posted on another thread about it recently :wink:

hi was just wondering if anyone has fished the little private water in sutton i cant remember what its called its by a white cottage and the lake has got lots of tree stumps in it if anyone has got any information about stock price ect they want to share i would be most greatful sam

Loam Ponds!

Now syndicate, and I know that you have posted on another thread about it recently :wink:

I drove past the place today, and just decided to have a little break while working.

The Car Park is the place where you WILL get stuck at the moment, but I did park up and walk to the gate around the venue. There is NO ACCESS to the lake unless you are member of the syndicate, and the phone number was written on a board nailed to a tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sam

The chap who runs the syndicate is called Dale Wilby .

You can contact him on 07806 729796 .

I wouldn't call him too late at night as he gets up for work very early .

hi mate do u fish the place was wanting to know what the stock is like as am very intrested in joining was going to join caps but just found out my mises is pregnant so cant travel to far this year an since it less then 10 miles away i can get home quickly if needed any help would be much helpful thanks for the number sam

hi mate do u fish the place was wanting to know what the stock is like as am very intrested in joining was going to join caps but just found out my mises is pregnant so cant travel to far this year an since it less then 10 miles away i can get home quickly if needed any help would be much helpful thanks for the number sam

Unless you speak to the person runing the syndicate you will not know what is in there. :!:

I know about some of the fish, and how good looking they are, I would have put the numbers of originals at about 25-30 carp tops, but Woodbridge and District put some more fish (small fish in ounces) in a few years ago, then whatever the current Syndicate have put in.

thanks mate dont sound that bad at all just herd on another forum theres a 29lb ghost common in there didnt say what else am going to ring the bloke tomoro and see what he says looks nice and quite just what i want if anyone has got anymore info please post sam

Hello Sam

Officially there are 80-100 carp in Loam Pond with the biggest being a 29lb 10 oz mirror , loads of silver fish , 2-3 big bream , no tench , and big perch 2-3 lbs+

It's very quiet ( unless the diesel pump is pumping out water for irrigation ! ) , it's common to be the only angler on there , but it's very weedy and the weed type seems to change from season to season .

The cost is £100 per season April til March .

This season has been a real struggle , apart from a group of about 15-20 Commons the other Carp seem to have disappeared , or have suddenly become very cute .

Have you considered Melton ? .

Breakaway Tackle told me today that an offer to buy the complex has been accepted and the deal could be completed in 2 weeks .

Apparently there is a plan to make it into 1 big lake , and fence it all in .

thanks for info mate am going to ring him tomoro and see if i can get my ticket

i have fished melton a few time alway caughte but it abit to busy for me and i would prefer to pay out for my year ticket at once will most defintly do acople of seesion on there this year as i go past

it ment to of been up for sale for years hopfully this time it happens and the new owners sort it out abit

thanks mate dont sound that bad at all just herd on another forum theres a 29lb ghost common in there didnt say what else am going to ring the bloke tomoro and see what he says looks nice and quite just what i want if anyone has got anymore info please post sam

Hello Sam

Officially there are 80-100 carp in Loam Pond with the biggest being a 29lb 10 oz mirror , loads of silver fish , 2-3 big bream , no tench , and big perch 2-3 lbs+

It's very quiet ( unless the diesel pump is pumping out water for irrigation ! ) , it's common to be the only angler on there , but it's very weedy and the weed type seems to change from season to season .

The cost is £100 per season April til March .

This season has been a real struggle , apart from a group of about 15-20 Commons the other Carp seem to have disappeared , or have suddenly become very cute .

Have you considered Melton ? .

Breakaway Tackle told me today that an offer to buy the complex has been accepted and the deal could be completed in 2 weeks .

Apparently there is a plan to make it into 1 big lake , and fence it all in .

29.10 is the biggest caught :wink:

The commons sound like some of the stock fish that Woodbridge Angling put in as there weren't that many commons in there originally, most of the fish were scaley mirrors and linears of the Leney/Galician strain, and the biggest I saw was a pale sandy coloured mirror around the island.

They have been cute for a number of years, often staying in the section that was a No Fishing area, you could watch them, but not fish for them.

thanks for info mate am going to ring him tomoro and see if i can get my ticket

i have fished melton a few time alway caughte but it abit to busy for me and i would prefer to pay out for my year ticket at once will most defintly do acople of seesion on there this year as i go past

it ment to of been up for sale for years hopfully this time it happens and the new owners sort it out abit

Hi Sam

If you do join the syndicate for Loam Pond all the best for this season , and I hope you enjoy yourself .

There is a lot of wildlife around if you are interested - owls , foxes , kingfishers etc .

I probably will not rejoin after the disappointment of this season unless I physically see the disappearing mirrors - perhaps I will get down there when the carp are spawning .

Oh , almost forgot to tell you , night fishing seems to be the most productive time .

Failing that early morning , or late evening , days are a waste of time unless you want to try and stalk the Commons .

for some of you a stocking history of loam in a around about way:

pre woodbridge angling club:

a stocking a sparsely scaled mirror's some rumour's to be dating back to the 1920's-30's when a german family farmed that part of the quilter estate, and it was just one pond dug for small pockets of white china clay, local's and people in the know fished it more or less for the huge shoal of bream it contained,also a fabled 30lb common that came to grief at the back where the stream entered.

if you fished here in the 70's then you'd have marveled at the stumps and the carp that hung about them and the skeletons of fish, fishing was harder but easyier if that makes any sense?.

woobridge clubs stocking:

sparsely scaled mirrors (maybe 70-90) upto high 20's with maybe 6 or 7 over 20 lb's, ex stock bream bought in from a fish farm going uptoo 10 lb, tench upto 6 lb, gold fish,crucian carp( u still might find one by flicking in bread), commons..... maybe 3 or 4 true ones which always used to hang around peg 24 though they were small less than 8 lbs...

and then...

fully scaled mirrors and plated mirrors, prob at the time 300 400 of them between a few ounces too 15 lb.

crucian cross commons : aprox 300 lb.

simmo type mirrors : again aprox 300 lb at time of stocking.

tench what they netted who knows the numbers?. 20- 30 from a ex fram pit in newbourne

commons from holton pit.

~end of woodbridge~

so there we are, over the yrs there's been theft, diesel spill's(3) and otters leaving whats left for the syndicate.

the weed in the lake is interesting from what the make of the lake used too be which was silty all those yrs ago with some good old pond weed, as for people walking around?, the whole area is under countryside stewardship, which welcomes this.

i would suggest a otter fence is put up before any other stocking.

• 4 weeks later...
keving25 Posted: 9th Apr 2010 08:33 Post subject: Loam Pond near woodbridge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any1 know how 2 get a syndicate ticket 4 loam?

crusian Posted: 9th Apr 2010 20:02 Post subject: Loam Pond , Sutton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi

'phone Dale Wilby on ( 01379 ) 669378

or 07806 729796

• 4 weeks later...

hi mate they are hard to find in loam ive done 4 nites this year and had 2 out from intercepter casting towards the sunken boat theres only been 3 carp out this year if your looking for them try behind the pump house or out from gose point there is a few around in the shallows but there keeping in the weeds if your going to fish walk round a couple of time first if your quite they do show themselfs