fishing the nene

raver

Hi Raver, welcome to this forum.

You need to hope that coops_northants sees this as he's the font of all knowledge when it comes to fishing in your area.

Failing that you could always send him a Private Message and ask the question.

Ian

• 2 months later...

hi Coops

is there any chance of tapping your fountain of local knowledge please, as i also live in peterborough and hope to catch my 1st river carp from the nene this year/season??

i have been advised to look up oundle, fothringay way. i have seen(on a couple of occasions)carp anglers bivvied up next to the (london?) road bridge/embankment in the city center too!

i've never targeted river carp before, but i know how nomadic they can be, and the thought of locating them, holding them and catching them fills me full of both excitment and dread!! lol

where do i start?????

i would very much appreciate any help/advice/pointers you(or anyone?)could give me please???

thanks in advance

dionisys

ferry meadows is a good start,get a push bike and see whats about,always some about, some pegs can be fished all year but most follow the season.

stanground lock a good place,

or the boathouse near the old hospital,

the old a47 at castor along the bank thats looks across to the sailing lake,

back water on the thrope golf course,

dont need to pre bait these spots but it can help.

then any stretch all the way up,tho the oundle area is still the best due to the 98 floods