invisible line

macbilly

saw some flurocarbon line very good very invisible very expensive.am i so old fashioned that i dont know what it is .yes i am .help needed please.is it good .does it help .whats it snags.is it too good to be true.am still viewing braid with some suspicion my experience is that some are dodgy. comments please macbilly

G'day Mate,

As said check those threads, personally I can't comment...YET...but I have brought over to Aus 1000yds of Seaguar Invizx 8lb. Bought from Basspro shops in the states. You'll find a lot of info on the amercian tackle sites. In the hands it is amazingly supple. Can't wait to spool it up and get amongst 'em!

Ben

• 5 weeks later...

I used to go out and buy expensive flurocarbons but found something a hell of alot cheaper and out fished it. Now don't laugh till you've tried it but its stocked at your local Bigw store, Jarvis Walker Quality mono 6lb 1400m for under $5. Don't shy off it because of the breaking strain either i've caught 15lb fish in difficult conditions on this stuff without a problem. Good luck with the fishing.

I suppose it is also how you fish, and where you fish. For example, I used the 8lb fluoro on Chaffey Dam and it has a lot of submerged tree stumps and debris. Lost one fish out of 20+ on a parted line. Tho when I went to Sydney I upped to 15lb super-100 mono. This was because of boulders the size of cars and snagtastic banks. Didn't lose one fish but that said I think it was still overkill and could've got away with the 8lb fluoro. I love fluoro as it is heavy, sinks like a brick esp in higher breaking strains. Even at 8lb it was on the deck really quick. Plus it is neigh on invisible in water and doesn't take on water stain. My once pristine mono is now tea brown from the murky waters of Sydneys rivers.

Also when fishing at distance mono has quite a lot of stretch and can affect bite registration a fair bit. You can get the pre/lo stretched mono but then price becomes a factor.

I used Jarvis Walker growing up as a kid, it's rough as guts but does the job! Platypus lines are also very good, QLD born and bred and over 100yrs in the trade.

Cheers,

Ben