blackroot pool sutton park birmingham

felly

Hi, chris.

Its a public park water. Its marked on OS maps of Sutton Coldfield and is right smack in a nice secluded part of the park, which is closed after dark. There can be a few people on there, spread out, or you can literally be on your own for days on end. I suppose you might get the odd passer-by give you ear-ache, but there are plenty of spots to tuck the bivvy away. Just beware the dreaded dog-walkers!!!!.......lots of them!

Its supposed to be day ticket, but tbh its sometimes a case of if and when a 'parkie' comes round. A lot of people do do nights on there, so I don't think they stop you (as long as you keep it low-key). A mate of mine did twenty or so straight nights on there and never got asked for a penny, though he did say it can get a bit spooky at dead of night :shock:

Not a big stock, but a few decent fish to be had (I won't guess sizes because it all depends who you listen to). The best spots are towards the wilderness end, away from the dam end.

Hope that helps.

Pretty much the same as what id gathered on the place when i thought about giving it a bash there.

Dont know about elmovillan but i heard they went upto 30 in there, ive seen pictures of twentys.

When i went to that park i came in from the top entrance (if that makes any sense), dont know how far it is to the pool from the other entrance but if its anywhere near the same as the top one it would be a very nice trek.

Pretty much the same as what id gathered on the place when i thought about giving it a bash there.

Dont know about elmovillan but i heard they went upto 30 in there, ive seen pictures of twentys.

When i went to that park i came in from the top entrance (if that makes any sense), dont know how far it is to the pool from the other entrance but if its anywhere near the same as the top one it would be a very nice trek.

The top entrance is probably the nearest, I'd say. Whatever, the lake is pretty remote and you need to take what you need for a session. It helps if you've got a mate who does'nt mind dropping you down some supplies. The 'toilet' facilities leave a lot to the imagination but theres no shortage of big leaves :roll:

Carp wise, beza26 is pretty much on the button, though its never been an easy water and the top end don't seem to come out much. Saying that, it has been known to attract the odd speccy hunter from out of town, so has it a surprise or two? You never know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

There's a good head of 20s in there, biggest goes 28, the original 25. Not an easy water, I've fished it good few times, blanked loads... had 3 fish 1 of which is my pb 25lb mirror. The fish in here are old and stunning, lily peg is good in the corner and where the boats go in. Don't need to fish far out, what most people do on there.. do the opposite. Fish close in, slack lines, back leads. They come in close in the night. Look on my Facebook David Hendy you'll see my Blackroot pics [/img]

• 2 years later...