Blythe Waters- Home pool???

The best advice I can offer you is to never, ever, under any circumstances offend or annoy that Stormtrooper Woman who runs the place. I know that my responses on here are sometimes frivolous....not this time, believe me.

She really is a nightmare. PM me and I'll give you chapter and verse.

Oh, and avoid contact with the high voltage Supergrid power cables which are suspended over the lake.

Other than these issues the place is ok.

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you about not upsetting her - I went fishing with my husband and father in law. She insisted on examining my husband's hook on three occasions saying he was using a barbed hook. He has never fished with a barbed hook. When he refused to leave the fishery she called the police to remove us. She pushed me sideways, nearly pushing me into the water. I reported her to British Waterways who took no action. Avoid this fishery. She is very aggressive. I would be interested to hear your views on her.

Angela, welcome to the forum. I've heard several horror stories concerning this woman and know of a couple of anglers who simply refuse to return to the fishery due to her strange and unreasonable behaviour.

I recently came upon a match angling forum, can't remember what it's called, and there was an entire thread devoted to the female bailiff at Blythe Waters, 3 pages in total. Not one good word for her!

I live 10 minutes drive from there. Don't fish there, though!

Ian.

Sounds like a nice place.

Beza, the sad fact is that it's quite a pleasant place to be, or would be in the absence of the Stormtrooper Bailiff.

Ian.

Shame, she just a baliff or actually own it too?

It's owned by British Waterways, she's manager/bailiff and the stuff of nightmares. I was discussing her with my son today, who knew nothing about this thread, and he told me that last weekend he took a fishing buddy to have a look around as they were passing. They parked near to the reception building and politely asked if they could have a look around with a view to fishing there in the future. They were told"NO, there's a match on. Leave".

Son pointed out that they were only interested in Home Pool, which NEVER hosts matches. Reply was "Are you deaf? I told you to leave".

They did. Never to return. She (Gail, apparently) must be costing BW a fortune in lost revenue.

Oh well, it's their loss. Within 10 minutes drive from Blythe Waters I can choose from at least 5 other fisheries. So I do.

I've found the forum I mentioned earlier. I'm not allowed to show it here so interested parties could PM me for the details.

Ian.

The best advice I can offer you is to never, ever, under any circumstances offend or annoy that Stormtrooper Woman who runs the place.

So, on another water - it's ok to, quote, "offend or annoy" another baliff?

Joking aside - having looked at the website - why any self-respecting carp angler would go there is beyond me. Although I have heard it mentioned that alledgedly the "numpty-fraternity" will keep them in business for many years to come.

the woman is a nightmare,but i have had good days on home pool with 10-15 fish in a day session regular but for some reason my catch rate dropped to the odd 1 or 2 fish even blanking the last couple of times and with the miserable so and so as bailiff i don't use this fishery anymore :evil:

I don't understand how she can stop anyone visiting. The fishery is owned and managed by British Waterways - in the same way as Earlswood Lakes. With the amount of people now boycotting Blythe, surely British Waterways would be encouraging her, as a British Waterways' employee, to make potential new 'customers' as welcome as possible.

I'm actually now banned from the Fishery. I may ring British Waterways and find out how enforceable her ban of myself, my husband and father in law actually is.

British Waterways need to do something about this situation.

Even as a woman with teenage children I still need advice as to where to look on facebook for this - any clues?

Angela, I regret that I'm not about to offer my Facebook contacts on an open forum.

Is there a search facility? I've never looked, to be honest.

Ian.

Went again today just for a few runs! first time the old lady has had a problem wiv me!! told me off for something stupid about the gate!! Ah well she does get on your nerves but appart from that she has never said anything to me, but i no plenty of people who she has annoyed

Oh and too the person that mentioned how any self respected carp angler would want to fish here :roll: , if you go there its not actually a bad place, nice looking, small and holds some decent lumps, been twice had 25 first time then had an 18 and 22 today aswell as 3 small pastiest......so id rather fish a "numpty" pool and land a few fish rather than sit behind motionless rods all winter :lol:

Oh and im not sure whether the "NUMPTY FATERNITY" claim was aimed at me but i will add, on two visits i have had two twentys out! Ok they are not huge fish but im not going there to break PBs!

And i do aggree there are a few anglers who many not know too much about carp fishing, but who cares! They havnt bothered me once!

• 2 weeks later...