Are stronger rods needed for france trip?

christoph22

Me n my mate are planning to go to france for the first time next year or maybe the year after and he says we will need stronger rods to deal with the bigger fish over there. We both have 12ft, 2.75lb test curve rods both made by good brands. I was just wondering is it worth investing in some stronger rods for france? or is it a must to invest? thanks

Tbh mate the simple answer is no, the TC is more for casting abilities than for landing fish, obviously when you get one of those monsters on the end just take it little bit easier :wink:

Thanks dude, so what distances or size of lake would u say step up to 3lb/3.5lb test? i cant see us fishing a lake bigger than 10-15 acres

i wouldnt step up , not even for a huge lake( which 10-15 is the low end of medium even in this country) 3.5 is getting into broom stick territory for playing fish. i use a 3.5 for spodding

your 2.75 will do the job perfectly, even better than a new one .as your familiar with it

spend your money on something you need :wink:

i wouldnt step up , not even for a huge lake( which 10-15 is the low end of medium even in this country) 3.5 is getting into broom stick territory for playing fish. i use a 3.5 for spodding

your 2.75 will do the job perfectly, even better than a new one .as your familiar with it

spend your money on something you need :wink:

Tbh like beanz said 3.5 is getting very strong and you will have to know how to play the fish correctly on the rods otherwise you will loose a lot of fish due to hookpulls as the rods wont absorb them, theres a good chance you wont be able to compress the blank of the stronger rod therefore loosing out on distance, if I was you I would spend the money on a decent bait for your time out there :wink: