New Carp Pond in Wales, Tell me what you want out of it !

Hi All,

Heres the Deal, My uncle has a large amount of land and on it there is a pond of around 1 acre, nothing there at the moment , no pegs and certainly no fish....

I am new to the sport of Carp fishing and have talked him into spending a little money on fish and pegs etc and wanted to know what you all want,

do you want,

1, Carp,Tench etc etc,

2, Pegs extended out onto the water or cut into the Bank

3, Bushes (going into water) between pegs for privacy or will it be a pain?

4, Members only or day/week ticket

Tell us all that you want and we will do our best to make it happen, we want to make money out of it and you all want a good place to fish, I'm sure between us all we can reach something in the middle.

At the moment we are in the planning stage and need to speak with the local council but in the mean time any comment are welcome !,

Pond is around 1 Acre, 5ft at deepest, 2ft deep in the margins, no features in the lake at all, let us know what you want !

Maybe I have under estimated the size, the lake is big, it's bigger than my local lake and thats always full with around 28 pegs, and I think ours could be far better

Slightly one acre is a puddle. :lol: If you fish hazel court they are puddles!

It all depends what you want from the lake, i myself like day ticket runs water to get a bend in the rod yet i also like syndicates which hold large fish. If i could choose to how mine would be i would want MY personal pond to be large and a syndicate only.

But im no expert on making a carp pond, if you do a search there is a guy livings or something who made his own and there is like a blog maybe you can take some info from there etc. But i think that once you stock a water it takes a few years before it starts to fish. I may be wrong. :roll:

Its not just a case of filling a pond with fish and let people fish it, I would consult someone who has qualifications in fishery management.

1, Carp,Tench etc etc,

Lots of 20lb + carp, there are already plenty of commercial fisheries with small fish. Maybe a few small Perch to clear up the annual carp fry. Large carp aren't easy to come by I've no idea where you would get them and they won't be cheap!

2, Pegs extended out onto the water or cut into the Bank

A mixture would be good.

3, Bushes (going into water) between pegs for privacy or will it be a pain?

I like tree lined lakes with trees and bushes between pegs, thats much more carpy :lol:

4, Members only or day/week ticket

Members only.