blow back rigs

crizycarpboy

ive been tieing blow back rigs with korda wapegape 8 with super natrual an xs rig ring i have caught a shed load of fish with it but my mate keeps sayin to me ive got to much of gap from the hook an bollie but i think that gap gives the hook a better hold

has anyone got anything to say which could help me with thus

Your rigs working for you, and dependant on where you are hooking the fish then the gap/hair length is right.

If you need to play around with the hair length, there is a thread in Carp Fishing or Rig Tying Stickies about the actual length of the hair and how it may need changing.

I wonder about Blowback rigs though, differentiating between those that use a piece of tubing on the shank compared to those with a ring.

A Blowback rig with a piece of tubing will give you indication if you have been done (in theory), the tubing and hair will be blown back up the hookshank showing you've been sussed (the theory according to Kevin Nash), yet won't reset itself as the rigs with a ring can do.

I think though, that there are a number of variations of rigs that can be termed "Blowback" rigs; any rig with a sliding ring, either fixed to the hair and knotless knot, or free sliding. Even a D-rig could be classed as a Blowback rig, as can the Sliding or Revolving rigs that I've been playing with.