bayliss in telford. oh my god

i first fished this lake 15 years ago. after 5 years i returned last week.

firstly. the bayliff is a class 1 idiot, there's 1000's of rats and the roads round the lake will trash your car.

the lake is fished by morons. a bit of common sense says if you choose a corner swim on a busy day then you cant just chuck to the island. its basic stuff. the fool heads in the swim next to me had their radio blasting till 5am. i asked them twice to turn it down and they just turned it back up and threw empty cans onto my peg (so on leaving i accidently drove over his landing net handle) shame!

its like chav and bivvy city rolled into one. its such a shame because once upon a time it was a great place to fish.

i certainly wont be returning. its a great advertisment for syndicates

Edited to remove a naughty word. Please don't do it again :wink:

Haven't fished it in about 8/9 years.

Fished it since i was about 11 and did "a LOT" had some good times when i was a kid.

There has always been probs with the roads (or lack of of surface to them) always been rats and always been corner pegs (which I don't agree with).

100% agree Dave will never fish it again, unless something happens to drastically change it.

The silly thing is it could be a great pool/complex. If only a leaf or 100 were taken out of some other places book. The the main pool needs to be netted and the bream etc need to be removed or most of them do. The roads need sorting, the number of pegs need reducing and bins need to be provided.

I think they need a booking system etc, even book on the day by phone then also keep tabs a bit more... number plates names etc. Just cause its not a members/syndicate pool doesn't mean you cant get banned.

I cant stand people like you described, music/radio (maybe on very quite at a reasonable time, you cant hear mine out of the brolly area) What good is throwing cans at you “I mean ????? “

and breath mikee.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bayliss pools were the first place i caught a 20lb carp but its a shame it attracts so many idiots.My partner and i were threatened by a group of youths when i dared to tell them that they had cast there lines over my partners lines.We packed up and left minutes later when they started firing boilies at us we were very scared and have never been back

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my mate went there last year and the baliff was a idiot! :evil: he said that we looked inexpirienced and we shouldnt fish his fishery me and my mate are both 16 and we have been fishin since we were 10 and we all have sufficient gear. also its a total rip off!!!!!!! :x

edited to remove a naughty word, DON'T do it again

bayliss pools were the first place i caught a 20lb carp but its a shame it attracts so many idiots.My partner and i were threatened by a group of youths when i dared to tell them that they had cast there lines over my partners lines.We packed up and left minutes later when they started firing boilies at us we were very scared and have never been back

Thats terrible mate - I'd happily stay clear of a lake like that!

Thing is its not just the decent anglers who suffer the idiots - the fish will to! - :roll:

There are some good day ticket waters about - but its no surprise everyone in the know looks for quiet member lakes. The mags have to be fuelling this chav infestation within the sport?