FOUR SEASONS FISHERIES, BLACKPOOL

i am also going here soon and was wondering how it is fishing lately ?

after reading all of the above it makes me wonder have i chosen the right venue, but it hasn't put me off if i am to blank then so be it, i can only learn from the experience and if i dont learn anything then maybe fishing is not for me ..... hahaha as if lol

Guest Anonymous

Just had to have a double take at this thread as I truly struggled to believe half of the posts.

Blanking on a lake...........never, how awful. Get over it, it's fishing. Paying for a ticket doesn't qualify you to catch fish, not even on a "runs" water.

Weed, good lord, not weed in a lake, how thoughtless, maybe they should tile the bottom to help.

Ben, fair play to you for bothering to reply to these idiots mate, maybe you should be offering to tuck them in at night too.

This might come across as being a bit of a vicious attack on a few posters but to me, the thread shows just about everything that's wrong with carp angling today and why I won't touch this type of venue. It's not the lake that puts me off, it's the muppets fishing them.

Out of interest, did any of thoose complaining put their gripes to the fishery before whinging on an open forum in an attempt to ruin somebody's hard work in providing you with a fishery?

Rant over.

Just had to have a double take at this thread as I truly struggled to believe half of the posts.

Blanking on a lake...........never, how awful. Get over it, it's fishing. Paying for a ticket doesn't qualify you to catch fish, not even on a "runs" water.

Weed, good lord, not weed in a lake, how thoughtless, maybe they should tile the bottom to help.

Ben, fair play to you for bothering to reply to these idiots mate, maybe you should be offering to tuck them in at night too.

This might come across as being a bit of a vicious attack on a few posters but to me, the thread shows just about everything that's wrong with carp angling today and why I won't touch this type of venue. It's not the lake that puts me off, it's the muppets fishing them.

Out of interest, did any of thoose complaining put their gripes to the fishery before whinging on an open forum in an attempt to ruin somebody's hard work in providing you with a fishery?

Rant over.

Post of the month. If i were a teacher, you'd get a gold star for that post.

just got back after a 48 hour session on here, and i just wanted to tell people that if your prepared to put the effort in then this is a fantastic little lake.

we fished on lodge lake, and although i didnt catch, (2 good fish lost between our group) i would recommend this place to any serious angler's.

the site itself is one of the best i have seen, each peg is spacious with bark chippings, the guys that we spoke to are friendly and helpful, the lake is well thought out with the 4 islands and some under water feature's to find, and contrary to one or two of the above posts is WEED FREE.

of course there is one or two gripes i could moan about but if you wanted you could moan about any water, but to me the positives outweighed the negatives and this is a must.

overall a pleasant well run lake and if it wasnt for family life and work i would of gladly stayed on for a few more days.

yes its hard, especially with a breezey north wind all weekend but the 48 hours must of been one of the quickest weekends i have ever had and i didnt want to leave.

a return visit is a guarantee, well done to everyone involved.

• 2 months later...

Whats putting me off about this venue is the discussion about having to move pegs because someone booked it , yet you fish there and bait it up only to be told you have to move, surely the guy in the office or who ever it is should let you know that someone has booked it for later so you know not to bait it up and waste money on another angler,seems like is an ignorance to me on the fishery's behalf.

Whats putting me off about this venue is the discussion about having to move pegs because someone booked it , yet you fish there and bait it up only to be told you have to move, surely the guy in the office or who ever it is should let you know that someone has booked it for later so you know not to bait it up and waste money on another angler,seems like is an ignorance to me on the fishery's behalf.

I have to agree with this point. I'd be more than a little erm...put out. I'm sure they'll learn, given time and experience.

Anddos, welcome to this forum.

Ian

Rant over.

I wrote a detailed e-mail to the manager x 2 of the problems we encountered, only to be fobbed off. The manger could have sorted the problem and chose not to; hence it ended up on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Id just like to say that apart from blanking, taking a trip to blackpool a&e and being wet all weekend this is a very good fishery and even though on the 2nd night i did not put alot of effort in as i could not use my right hand i really enjoyed my 2 nights here.

There are fish to be caught. Infact i netted a nice mirror from a guy next to me weighing in at 20lb. the owners are so helpfull and the faciltities made the wet conditions seem like nothing.

I will definately be back again when i have time away from uni and got a bit more money as i am revamping my gear.

This is definately going to be one of my regulars.

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Martin I totally agree. The owners are so helpful and friendly and when you catch a fish they are more than happy to come out and photograph it for you. I fished lodge lake back in Oct'2010 on a 48hour session with my Dad. My Dad had a funny pick up on the first night which ended up in him winding in a leadcore leader, maybe he hooked a trailing fish who knows?? But on the last morning I landed a 24lb 1oz mirror which was currently un-caught. All the locals and owners game round to photograph it.

Ps: The only downside are the seasgulls!! You have to bait up when there not looking or out of site becuase they will dive on your boilies when you put them in.

Yeah well i were getting picks ups but nothing concrete to hit any (it might have been the feathered friends).

It is a cracking fishery and defo one that ill be going back to. Let me know when your going and i may see you on the bank. Kinda need someone to go fishing with since my dad doesnt go anymore as he is at work most times at weekend. i go with the girlfriend but she is a wuss and doesnt like the cold!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me and a mate did a short 24 hour session last year once, blanked but the weather was [censored] an hour after setting up a strong coooold easterly started blowing and the lake was pretty dead and no fault of the fisheries that made me reluctant to try different tactics/bait which may have contributed to a blank. I know people who have had good fish out of there. Also it is a lovely place and the pegs having power sockets and cafe on site made it more bareable.

And to echo what some others have said the bailif/owners are nice fellas and are more than willing to help, my mates fishfinder caught a gust which blew it off course on to the corner of a tree and he punted out on to the island to get it for him when we were leaving without complaining...i wouldn't have been too keen in that weather.

Any way i'll be going back soon and hopefully as regular as can over spring/summer.

The only suggestion i would say is a ticket at reduced price for a limited number of sessions over the season would pay for itself cos i and i'm sure others like me would spend a little more than we could really afford than on single sessions if a group was at a discount. Also the cafe should sell tins of beer cos them little bottles are pricey and you only get a few swallys!

• 2 months later...

slightly hijacking this thread and i know nothing of the fishery in question....

i think it raises a good question about people giving their opions on fisheries on the internet. i recently got a little bit of grief from one member for giving a non-favouarable write-up on lake. it made me think for a moment that maybe it wasnt fair, as at the end of the day its someones living and forums like these are pretty annonymous so any tom dick or harry can hammer someones livelyhood (possibly even rival fisherie owners :shock: )......

but, then i thought, no, i had a bad experience that wasted my time and money as well as that of friends. it wasnt that i just blanked and slated it. so i think if somewhere you've been has genuine problems and you wouldnt go again then you should tell others to hopefully save them making the same mistake. as long as what you write is fair, balanced and backed up with fact, not just ' i spodded all day and night and still blanked'.

carp fishing is expensive enough as it is so if we can save each other some money with passing on info on places to avoid, we should.

i'd be interested to hear what others think on this?

• 10 months later...

For the record I cannot praise this place enough. As an all round angler, game, course, and sea I have been to a number of venues, this has got to be one of the best places I have fished at, been about 20 times now and always catch. My 6 year old son comes with me now, and he even landed a 6lb mirror on his first visit at the newtons match lake, I cant remember getting anywhere near that sort of size until I was in my teens. As you can imagine the bug has well and truly been sown after that.

other points.

- top class food delivered to your peg, or indoor seating area with newspapers.

- decent toilets and hot shower.

- massive pegs with elec hookups

- well looked after site, contantly mowing maintaining etc.

- the owners are very friendly and knowledgable.

- the condition of the fish is excellent.

- lad and dads price very resonable, even allow daughter to drop line in for an hour or so for no charge (until she gets board)

- already this year, they are pulling them out in the 2 main carp lakes, one chap had 3 in a few hours in front of the cafe, looked 12 to 18lb mark during the recent unusually warm spell. I expect the 40lb mark will get broken sooner or later, think the record is about 34lb.

negative, and im just being picky

- cant use keepnets, but allow it for matches

- seem to book out the lakes completely to clubs at weekends, which can be annoying but I suppose business is business.

- food is about 30% higher compared to other decent cafes.

- would like to see a few wider dad and lad pegs on Newton, so we can sit together for you younger ones.

All in all I fully recommend this place, and Im sure its going to be one of the best fisheries in the north west now that its settling in if not already. I think its fair to point out my experiences of the place.

• 8 years later...