tamworth fisheries

There's that lake at the back of the Snowdome, can't remember what it's called. Kingsbury Water Park is only a few miles away and has several pools. Pine Pool is their specimen carp water.

Willesley Lake, near Ashby de la Zouch, is around 6 miles away and is a very attractive water and can be night fished.

Fisherwick Lakes, Whittington, is about 4 miles away and has a few pools to try. Pool House Farm, near Middleton, is less than 5 miles from Tamworth and is full of fish.

You're spoiled for choice!

Ian

Grounds Farm is near The Belfry, just outside Wishaw. I had a walk around there last weekend, fishing it next weekend.

Ian

Is it any good there mate? I looked around it about 8 years ago and i remember the one lake had lots of little islands and stuff. I've never fished it though.

Grounds Farm is near The Belfry, just outside Wishaw. I had a walk around there last weekend, fishing it next weekend.

Ian

Is it any good there mate? I looked around it about 8 years ago and i remember the one lake had lots of little islands and stuff. I've never fished it though.

Hi Paul, I last fished there around 8 years ago and had some very nice carp and tench out of one of the pools, later in the day I got smashed up while using 15lb line!

There are three pools in total. I was chatting to the elderly farmer who owns and dug the pools, he told me that 4 years ago he netted the pools and put all the specimen fish into one pool, called Glebe (or Grebe?) Pool.

That's the one I'll be fishing!

Ian

There's that lake at the back of the Snowdome, can't remember what it's called. Kingsbury Water Park is only a few miles away and has several pools. Pine Pool is their specimen carp water.

Willesley Lake, near Ashby de la Zouch, is around 6 miles away and is a very attractive water and can be night fished.

Fisherwick Lakes, Whittington, is about 4 miles away and has a few pools to try. Pool House Farm, near Middleton, is less than 5 miles from Tamworth and is full of fish.

You're spoiled for choice!

Ian

hi mayt. i'm also from around this area,

and was just wondering if you could you send me a pm about some of the lakes you talk about - ashby de la zouch (Willesley) Fisherwick Lakes, Whittington and Pool House Farm, near Middleton.

Any pegs, tactics , bait tips ANYTHING would be highly appreciated

Thanks Alot

Regards

Tom :D

Riddings (peg 10) is well worth a go.

Elmo, I guess that you're referring to the original (specimen) pool. To be honest, the water is so small that most of the pegs are good but I agree, that side of the pool, especially if it's busy, is a good place to be.

I've had some success on the very top pool, which is sort of hidden away and, as a consequence, is lightly fished. Fish to the central reed bed....works for me :wink:

Oh, and the bacon and egg sarnies, on toast and with brown sauce, are the BEST! Delivered to your peg. Just right.

Ian

just to let you know i ended up fishing Bonehill Mill fishery today after i dropped the kids off at drayton manor.

i had a great day, i fished the large pool (dales)

tactics were method feeder and pellet close in, there was a couple of matches on there but im sure i caught as well if not better than others,

i had approx 12 carp up to 10lbs and several bream up to 3lbs.

i would reccomend this fishery.

just to let you know i ended up fishing Bonehill Mill fishery today after i dropped the kids off at drayton manor.

i had a great day, i fished the large pool (dales)

tactics were method feeder and pellet close in, there was a couple of matches on there but im sure i caught as well if not better than others,

i had approx 12 carp up to 10lbs and several bream up to 3lbs.

i would reccomend this fishery.

That's the fishery just around the corner, left in Fazeley, from Drayton Manor? Is the entrance amongst some rather posh office/business units?

Ian

Oh, and the bacon and egg sarnies, on toast and with brown sauce, are the BEST! Delivered to your peg. Just right.

That's all the reason i need to go there :D

I knew that. I've told them to expect you. They've ordered in extra everything.. Expect bonus black pudding.....possibly.

Ian

I knew that. I've told them to expect you. They've ordered in extra everything.. Expect bonus black pudding.....possibly.

Ian

Ian, it amazes me that you're still such a nice & thoughtfull bloke despite your many, many, many years spent on this hostile world :D

Ian

Ian, it amazes me that you're still such a nice & thoughtfull bloke despite your many, many, many years spent on this hostile world :D

Guy, thank you for your valued input. I shall look forward to meeting up at Merrington, early September. Meantime be extra cautious whilst crossing the road..check for Mitsubishi Shoguns, in red and gold. One in particular is driven by, well, me.

Ian :)