really strong barbless required

elmoputney

hi people

i am fishing a barbless only venue and its filled with pads and snags so i need a really strong hook pattern any suggestions

i am mainly using pop ups with a withy pool rig set up or line aligner with korda widegapes but i want the strongest hook i can find for it any ideas as i dont want to be losing any fish as theres some biggies in there :D :D

thanks in advance elmo :D

Guest Anonymous

Ashima extra strong carp hooks you could tow a supertanker in with them, similar shape to a mugga and very sharp. Elmo I will sort out a link for you as they arent readily available will pm you later mate.

i had 2 hook pulls on widegape b's last week gutted but it happens i guess although i never had it with the micro barbed ones

i re read the rules and i am allowed to use whisker barb which to me translates to micro barb :D :D is that the same thing :confused:

i have used owners before in barbed and they were good and im gonna be trying a few that you have suggested although if i can it will now be microbarbed just a confidence thing i spose:D

I bought some mate and they are an extremely sharp and well made hook,the eye is totally closed and well finished.

The only thing to remember is that the sizes are larger than normal,so reduce the size you choose down a size.

Looking at them I would deffinately suggest you get some,I`m going to try them out in France.

Elmo, i was told about G-Hards about a year ago. From what was said to me i thought they were great, when i found some and noticed the price my thought was they had to be very good indeed. With them being that price and still have people rave about them must mean they are great. You would be looking for reasons to slate them at that price, never heard a bad word said. :D

Ashima do some ultra strong patterns too and worth a look.

hello coops

hows tricks

i must admit the more i think about them the more they sound really good i may give them a go i thought about the difference between a cheap drill bit and a good one the good ones always last a hell of a lot longer and stay a lot sharper so i guess its the same thing with these hooks and the cost might work itself out if they last 3 times longer than a normal hook :D

Yeah mate things are good, bit gutted that i cant get out fishing this weekend and the lake is alive and virtually empty. oh well there is always next week i suppose. Good to see your managing to catch a few.

with the hooks you will never know untill you try them mate, plus if you only use them for the snag fishing then you probably wont notice the cost so much in time.