NEW nash triggalink hooklink?

tim_2812

has anyone used this this stuff yet.

it looks like its going to be really good. outta the water its just like normal braid but when submerged into water it turns into like stretchy bungee rope.

this means when a fish picks the hookbait up and goes off with it the triggalink springs back and sets the hook in deeper therefore giving better hookholds.

When i was last in tackle shop they showed me it, looks pretty effective, but pulling the hook deeper into the mouth, is that a good idea ?

Doing well with fluro carbon and long hook lengths so would probably shy away from using it, plus its made by nash which puts me off

As you are playing a fish the hook is likely to work deeper into the Fishes Lip anyway.

I think what The Triggalink is made to do is pull straight into a good hookhold;)

Since I have a bungee style rig system that I can use I don't see the need to try it, plus as you say its made by Nash.

Guest Anonymous

The fang hooks and original brollys are about the only decent stuff produced imo:) :)

All the newer stuff seems to have poor quality components:)

Nash fang uni hooks for me, all the way although im paying some interest in to the carp are us long shank nailers, any opinions on these, i love the nash fangs but they are very shiny...

Carp-R-Us Nailers in both the standard and Longshank verisons are very sharp, sticky sharp. I have found that they go in and stay in. I have not lost a fish on them since I started using them.

LongShanks work well for Pop-ups for me and I prefer the standard for bottom baits.

If you need a strong hook in the same style have a look at the Carp-R-Us Centurions a look as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i rate nash alot and have alot of confidence in their baits especially the squid liver

i also rate their luggage

this is only my opinion as i know people who have had a lot of problems with nash stuff.

but i am defintley going to buy some triggalink after seeing it in my local tackle shop it looks great!

i rate nash alot and have alot of confidence in their baits especially the squid liver

i also rate their luggage

this is only my opinion as i know people who have had a lot of problems with nash stuff.

but i am defintley going to buy some triggalink after seeing it in my local tackle shop it looks great!

Nicely said Tim,

Very Diplomatic!

Don't use much Nash gear myself now, I felt they had a time when there luggage was awefull (stac sac I had fell apart within 12months twice). Seeing them at 5 lakes this year it does look better now especially the new bivvy.

I've got a spool of the new triggerlink but as yet not certain about it, but will keep having ago on onerod for a while.

Nash bait.

How can anyone say anything bad about Bayes gear is beyond belief. This is the one thing that is superb, and no I dont use it, to expensive for me :wink: I'll stick with CBS.

Don't use much Nash gear myself now, I felt they had a time when there luggage was awefull (stac sac I had fell apart within 12months twice). Seeing them at 5 lakes this year it does look better now especially the new bivvy.

I've got a spool of the new triggerlink but as yet not certain about it, but will keep having ago on onerod for a while.

Nash bait.

How can anyone say anything bad about Bayes gear is beyond belief. This is the one thing that is superb, and no I dont use it, to expensive for me :wink: I'll stick with CBS.

Have you used it yet? Anyone else used it yet?

Have you used it yet?

Used it a couple of times but as yet not had a fish on it, still not certain about it myself and only feel I should use it over clear areas. This is due to it shrinking by about 30% im afraid it will pull the hook into weed strands or a twig etc.

• 1 year later...

If i was to use say a small amount of trigga attached to swivel on the other end tied with water knot to sink link this may hold the trigga down a bit more just a thought as i heard you cannot tie it using hair method. Would a water knot be the best not to join to hooklinks?

I'm looking forward to testing my new trigger rigs beside a standard one to see if those riggy fish get caught out by it, I've got high hopes for it TBH. Its a bit thick and doesnt sink too well so I'm told so weighting it is necessary. You could achieve the same by making a springback boom but this seems easier and more subtle on the eye.

Nash stuff cant be that bad - the rods and shelters look good to me and the squid liver baits took waters apart when it came out.

How can a company fronted by one of the best all time anglers (with top consultants) be as poor as people make out?