ringland

The 2 biggest that were in Days Lake died last year(?), and were normally coming out at mid 30's. In fact I think that there were only 7 fish in there in Total.

It is very weedy, and only has about 7/8 swims. Not many features, but quite a few lily beds on the first swims to the left.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lake will not be open before 2009 mate.

The lake is owned by cemex, but the fish by Barford.

Last I heard barford needed to arrange to net the fish, not sure if it has happened yet.

RMC (cemex) have no plans to re stock the lake for a while.

I knew it was up in the Air as NACA used to run it for CEMEX then Barford got involved. New stocks were going to be put into Days lake as some of the Older Fish died, but have not been fishing in Norfolk for a little while.

Be quite a Hard job to net Days Lake, and probably some of the others around the back :?

• 1 year later...
Ringland has now been re-opened by Cemex

Weblink to the Cemex details of the venue:

Ringland Details (click here)

Thanks for this Nick. It does not say what size the stock fish they introduced were, and i do wonder if they are simply guessing about the originals that escaped the netting, but as you said i would have thought they might be difficult to net anyway.

Once we can get some idea of the size of the stock, it might be worth arranging a social down there.

Thanks for this Nick. It does not say what size the stock fish they introduced were, and i do wonder if they are simply guessing about the originals that escaped the netting, but as you said i would have thought they might be difficult to net anyway.

Once we can get some idea of the size of the stock, it might be worth arranging a social down there.

From memory if they are talking about Days Lake then there were only 7 Carp in the Lake anyway, until a couple of the 30's died. There is a massive Gravel Bar that goes across the Lake that probably didn't help with any nettingof the venue.

I did just try to visit the website to see what has happened about the other Lakes on the complex, but at the moment either my PC is playing Silly or the Interweb is playing up, "Cannot Find Server"

From memory if they are talking about Days Lake then there were only 7 Carp in the Lake anyway, until a couple of the 30's died. There is a massive Gravel Bar that goes across the Lake that probably didn't help with any nettingof the venue.

I did just try to visit the website to see what has happened about the other Lakes on the complex, but at the moment either my PC is playing Silly or the Interweb is playing up, "Cannot Find Server"

Did you pay your broadband bill? :lol:

So i guess what they are saying is that all the originals escaped the netting process...all 7 of them (it does say up to 12 originals..something fishy perhaps!)

I just managed to get the website up and venue, and your'e quite right it is days lake they have opened.

Did you pay your broadband bill? :lol:

So i guess what they are saying is that all the originals escaped the netting process...all 7 of them (it does say up to 12 originals..something fishy perhaps!)

I just managed to get the website up and venue, and your'e quite right it is days lake they have opened.

Cheeky Git!

:lol::lol::lol:

Direct Debit, so I'd better not forget :wink:

I thought it was only 7 fish in there when I lived in Norfolk, so it could be me who was wrong :wink::?:shock:

Looking at the map they've dug out and extended the other lakes as well.

The bridge that is at the end of Days lake has been put into the little Lake which was separate from the others. The Car Path went between that and the (what was 2 lakes) lake on the opposite side. There used to be a small bridge separating them . You then had the 2 back lakes which are at the right of the Map. The Back lake was silting up at a rapid rate.

• 3 weeks later...