Leicestershire carp lakes

Morning.

If you are new to carping I would go to Friezland pools at Market Bosworth or the lake on the edge of Sheepy Magna. Sheepy Magna - shallow and silty but cast to the far open bank as near to the margin as you dare where the field meets the waters edge - the carp patrol it, after casting ust ease you lead out of the clay, cast a few freebies out, sit back and wait. At night drop a bait gently in the margin, pop up boile or hair rigged cat food with few pellets over and wait for the run! Friezland was stacked with small carp who were always keen to test your buzzers unless its changed in the last year or so then thats worth a try. Theres always the fishery at Beeby, small carp pool always good for a run or two. if your just starting out you will always find the runs waters stacked out with folks especially in school holidays which i cant abide now and all the litter, noise and one or two idiots who fisheries need to clear off their waters.

In the top of this section is a Sticky called Where to Fish by Counties

https://forum.carp.com/carp-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27977

Leicestershire Ashby Magna Ashby Farm 01455202391

Leicestershire Ashby-de-la-Zouch Foremark Reservoir 01283703202

Leicestershire Buckminster Brickyard Pond 0147675628

Leicestershire Groby Groby Farm 01162879372

Leicestershire Higham-0n-the-Hill Ashby Canal 01827252000

Leicestershire Loughborough Charnwood Water 01509634704

Leicestershire Market Bosworth Friezeland Pools 01455291876

Leicestershire Market Harborough Brook Meadow 01858880886

Leicestershire Market Harborough Folly Pond 01858433067

Leicestershire Melton Mowbray Eye Kettleby Lakes 01664564964

Leicestershire Melton Mowbray Frisby Pits 01664854710

The search facility also brings up a fair number of threads on Leicestershire waters.

Go to the Search, type in Leicestershire, click "search all terms", Click Forum and choose UK Where to Fish, press Submit, and about 60 threads on Leicestershire waters will come up

• 9 years later...

Hello everyone. 

I was a member at 3 lovely pools at Trout Pond Farm. The membership was cheap but this was reflected in the facilities.(There weren't any ).A good days sport could be had with a good cross section of fish ranging from very small gudgeon, roach ,skimmer, up to common and mirror carp up to 30lb.It has now been sold to a syndicate who have made some welcome improvements and the price has gone up 700%!!.

Who runs the two pools now does anyone out there know. 

One pool is (made from joining two pools together)and this is apparently the syndicate lake.The other pool is to be day ticket. In my opinion the first lake,the day ticket one holds the bigger fish.A pal of mine ran out of hook to nylon 10lb and used eyed hook to 18lb line direct and was broken on both a mirror and a couple of commons during one session in September.It is rumoured that the new owner is going to take all of the bigger fish out of the first lake and put them in the syndicate pool

• 1 month later...

I live in Bloxwich  which is about 30 miles away and I didn't want to make a wasted journey, although I  drive past The Riddings  lakes to grt to the fishery at Trout Ponds Farm so I  suppose that I could go thete on the way back.